Author Topic: Sarah's sister Martha's Sprouted Bread!  (Read 3487 times)

scotttsss

• Achilles bursitis
Sarah's sister Martha's Sprouted Bread!
« on: January 03, 2008, 10:23:35 PM »
I baked bread with Sarah's organic, hand milled flours, the organic sprouting mix, and recipe she sent me for secret santa...  Delicious!  The only thing I left out were flax seeds and sunflower seeds, and I use my own starter rather than adding yeast. 

here it is in proofing baskets before the bake

into the cloche and into the oven..  (x 4)

mmmmmmmmmm. 

Thanks Sarah!  You truly made my holiday special.

Emily

• Space Champion!
Re: Sarah's sister Martha's Sprouted Bread!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 11:02:15 PM »
Woah! LUCKY!!! Is Sarah's sister Martha Stewart? It looks so good!!

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 11:58:38 PM »
Holy shit.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Sarah

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 09:16:41 AM »
Martha is thrilled--and she hasn't even seen the pictures yet.  I, however, am feeling stupid for not having sent along some flax and sunflower seeds, not least because I actually have a bunch of both in my freezer.  Oh well.

That bread is really good with soup or salad.  Or with a nice jam (I favor a cherry preserve these days).  When I make it, I form it into long tubes--sort of monster bread sticks--that I coat with kosher salt and sesame seeds.  Each bite does the job of a crouton.  Very handy.

I'm very glad it was a success, Mickey "Scraps." 

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 09:46:33 AM »
I read "Sarah's sister Martha's Sprouted BEARD!". Sorry. I was reading this thread 2 seconds earlier.

"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling