Author Topic: International Best Show Meet Up - Dublin, 13.04.08  (Read 9680 times)

FoxMikeJ

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: International Best Show Meet Up - Dublin, 13.04.08
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 05:10:32 PM »
Hey Charlie, I was wondering when you'd pop up.

I'm in on this, both to the x-treme and to the max.

Consider me popped, long time listener, many time caller, first time msg board poster.

So Cow

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 04:30:10 PM »
Have a new job with Directory Enquiries...giving out numbers, both business and residential...and the weird thing is...25% of calls, at the very least, are enquiries for businesses or residences in the town of Newbridge, County Kildare! It's a hive, a midland hub! I never knew so many cared about it! But they do!

http://kildare.ie/newbridge/about-newbridge.asp

So...what I'm saying is...a pre-show meet up for the Teddy Rockstar show...it's 30 minutes from Hueston Station...what I'm saying is, right...

PRE-SHOW MEET UP IN NEWBRIDGE!

How's about it?

p.s I have no idea if there's anything to do in Newbridge. I'll assume there's a bar. If not that, then this is worth a look...

Father Moore's Well
Father Moore's Well is situated at Rathbride just off the Kildare/Milltown Road. It has attracted pilgrims for over a hundred years. Although the well is named after Fr. Moore, there are a number of different traditions associated with it, and one reference suggests that it may have been regarded as a holy well before his time. Fr. Moore was born in Rathbride in 1779 and appointed curate to Allen Parish where he remained until his death in March 1826. He was said to have a remarkable gift in curing ailments and to have blessed the well before his death so that people might still be cured in years to come. The tradition of visiting the well developed after that time and there are many local claims of cures effected there.

TL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 11:01:20 PM »
I doubt I can make it to Newbridge, but, uh...  I'll be at the show.
Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

Sarah

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 07:25:31 AM »
Maybe it should be a postshow meetup.

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »

He was said to have a remarkable gift in curing ailments and to have pissed in the well before his death so that people might still be cured in years to come.

...how I read it...

I'm in!
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

So Cow

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 06:07:34 PM »
Maybe it should be a postshow meetup.

Quite. There'll be a pre-show, during show and post show meeting, with a revolving door's worth of characters.

The pre-show will involve Bobby and I going to Newbridge and giggling on the train a lot. Not much more than that.

Sarah

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 07:25:37 PM »
Sounds great to me.  If only I'd been logged in when you posted that you'd pay the airfare etc. of anyone who asked within ten seconds.  I could've worn my Newbridge hoodie.

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 05:41:08 PM »
Hey Charlie, I was wondering when you'd pop up.

I'm in on this, both to the x-treme and to the max.

Consider me popped, long time listener, many time caller, first time msg board poster.

Yo FoxMikeJ (if that is your real name (it's not, it's Charlie)), you betta appear at TL tomorrow!
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

So Cow

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 02:17:39 PM »
This was a great show. Incredible band, a near-devotional crowd and a song in Irish from Mr. Leo. If he himself reads this, what was the song? Sounded a lot like Oro Se Do Bheatha Bhaile (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AFRCWg_kOc&feature=related) but don't think it was. Lovely job on it.

As for the meet-up...well, myself and Bobby met at the venue. Bus timetables meant Newbridge was a wash-out. Ah well. Next time.