Author Topic: Podcast effup...  (Read 4986 times)

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
Podcast effup...
« on: February 23, 2008, 12:58:06 AM »
OOPS.

I just got a load of emails and IMs today asking why only half of Tuesday's show made it onto the podcast feed this morning.

It would be fun to make up a silly story about how the 2/19 show is being held hostage until after next week's marathon show, assuming all of us chowderheads can come up with enough pledges to pay for the other half of that podcast...but the truth is, my damn automated mp3 encoder/uploader thingy crapped out in the middle of the upload on Wednesday night, and I didn't even realize this happened until it was too late and up on the feed this morning.

I resubmitted the complete mp3 to liz@FMU, so hopefully the full show will be swapped out on the podcast feed on monday. But for those of you who cant wait that long, you can download it here:

http://awfulsome.com/tbsowfmu/bs080219p.mp3

Sorry about that everyone. But I gotta say, 1 fuckup out of 105 podcasts still ain't too shabby a batting average, eh?

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Podcast effup...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 01:09:01 AM »
If anybody gives you any lip about it, they can eat it. You work so hard on this podcast each and every week, and I appreciate it so much. You are a hero of the show!

I love you!

Tom.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:57:36 AM »
I like the "podcast held ransom" idea. You should've run with it!

Speaking only for myself, I do appreciate all the work you do. I listen live, but I re-listen to the podcast as well. And, yes, 104/105 is a pretty stellar average, enough to make Ted Williams look like a chump. Nice work!
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Gentleman Jim

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 04:39:14 AM »
Thank you for all your work producing the podcast.  As someone who rarely gets to listen live, I really appreciate the opportunity to work the show into my weekly schedule.

If you'd like to forward the name of anyone who gave you guff, I'll pop 'em right in the kisser.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 05:07:51 AM »
I second Gentleman Jim!  As a newbie to the show, I'd be lost without your efforts.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 03:01:07 PM »
I third the love (whoa).  Great job with the podcast!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 02:48:12 AM »
Oh, Buffcoat!  You the baddest mo' fo', low-down, round this town!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.