Author Topic: Reunions  (Read 1812 times)

Gilly

• Space Champion!
Reunions
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »
Do you guys consider a band coming back to play a few shows a reunion? I saw that the Feelies were "reuniting" and I thought, "Sweet, a new Feelies album!" but then saw that they're just playing a couple shows nowhere near me. Is that really reuniting? I guess it's cool that some people get to see The Feelies and Big Dipper again but it just doesn't really strike me as a reunion. I suppose by definition it is, but when I think reunion, I think the bands back together to give it another go.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
Re: Reunions
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:44:05 PM »
If the band is broken up and gets back together, even if it's just for shows, I'd call that a reunion.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Sarah

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 10:46:46 PM »
I think of a reunion show as a one-shot (or few-shot) deal.  But if I hear a band is reuniting, I think they are getting back together indefinitely. 

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 03:23:06 PM »
That's probably the right way to think about it Sarah. I just have been disappointed when I read a teaser that some band I love is reuniting and then find out it's just a reunion show, usually across the pond or at least out east. Midwesterners don't get any love!

Matthew_S

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 09:24:24 PM »