Author Topic: FOT Barter System...  (Read 21043 times)

Andy

• Space Champion!
FOT Barter System...
« on: January 12, 2009, 10:09:41 PM »
this one will either be awesome or sink like a stone.

Let's trade.

what I have to offer:   I can offer up my cross stitching skills for trade.  My skills are not the greatest, but I'm very neat with it and I'm willing to incorporate crude subject matter.

what I like: baked goods, my name used for a character in a play/sketch/television show (not matter how small the part), cartoons/illustrations
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Emily

• Space Champion!
Re: FOT Barter System...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:21:40 PM »
I think this already happened. We called it Secret Santa.

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 02:55:27 AM »
I like this idea.

What I have to offer: Sewing, crocheting, and audio transcription for podcasts, interviews, etc.

What I Need: Pretty much anything. ;)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 12:19:54 PM »
Andy...i can do this! 

i'll trade you a crude cross stitching of your choice for baked goods (also of your choice) and a part in my short stories (if you want?...im no JG). 

Swiss, same goes for you in exchange for a crocheted scarf. 

as for my services, open to all FOT: i write short stories and will write any story, essay, etc. you would like with any plot line, characters, on and on.  you will also get a copy (this goes for Swiss and Andy as well).  i can bake, i have lots of photos i would like to give to people (no money- you can see them in the Pictures You Took thread), and an Odetta folk record if someone wants me to throw it in. 

Sarah

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 12:24:18 PM »
I can bake.  What would you like, Andy, in exchange for a "People are stupid, and there is no hope" cross stitch?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »
I'll put your name in something for free.  First and last? 

I don't think anyone's going to make it to the reading at EST this Friday (no problem, really, I actually hate staged readings but they're sort of a necessary evil), so I'll just tell everyone: act two of the play is a made-up reality show, and I made a fake opening title sequence where we see all the old contestants who got kicked off the show (we come in late in the season, like episode 14).  They're all named after FOT and use their catchphrases.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 03:36:43 PM »
I will bake you some fucking awesome cookies if you'll cross-stitch me something with a cat on it and the word "JERK" underneath it. (Or from-scratch brownies if you like them too)

Other than baking I have very little to offer. Unless you like stickers. I'm always willing to share some of my stickers.
from the land of pleasant living

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 03:44:42 PM »
I will bake you some fucking awesome cookies if you'll cross-stitch me something with a cat on it and the word "JERK" underneath it. (Or from-scratch brownies if you like them too)

Other than baking I have very little to offer. Unless you like stickers. I'm always willing to share some of my stickers.

erika, i'll trade you stickers for a photo?  or any number of photos?  (http://www.flickr.com/photos/33071256@N07/sets/72157612498538546/)

PS it should be stated, since this is a barter system and not a polite convention, i dont mind if anyone declines my offer(s).  

Trotskie

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 03:59:37 PM »
I can offer:

AutoCAD drafting for access to places to photograph

Proofreading/copy editing for crochet/knitting lessons (not by or for me, but I can make the connect)

Cat sitting for cat sitting

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 05:27:24 PM »

Sounds good! What color? :)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »

Sounds good! What color? :)

i dont know, your pick.  what kind of baked goods do you want?  or photo?  both?  and it's a given i'll name drop you in a story. 

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
Anything without nuts!

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 05:56:36 PM »
What I can offer: I can make the best omelet you've ever had. No joke.

Hell, I'll make you an omelet for free just because I'm a show-off and these things are The Dip.

What I want: Praise for my omelets.

C

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 06:01:46 PM »
I might take you up on that sooner than you think, Spoony.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »
What I can offer: I can make the best omelet you've ever had. No joke.

Hell, I'll make you an omelet for free just because I'm a show-off and these things are The Dip.

What I want: Praise for my omelets.

C

i bet i could go toe to toe with your omelet and my scrambled eggs; im a real egg jockey.  but since we're all pals, i'll go shoulder to shoulder instead.