Author Topic: The Warriors  (Read 5615 times)

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
The Warriors
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:44:38 PM »
"The Warriors look good, but they're not going to go the distance"
-Tom S 12/7/14

HA! Any predictions for the playoffs?

Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Warriors
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 07:59:24 PM »
You see what you get, Warriors? You see what you get when you mess with the Cavaliers?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:04:47 AM »
I dunno, for some reason I get this image of a guy clinking bottles together and chanting?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

gravy boat

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 03:17:07 PM »
I dunno, for some reason I get this image of a guy clinking bottles together and chanting?

I can dddiigggg it.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 08:32:04 PM »
I am hardly rooting against the Warriors. I am happy with either team winning this finals. But I defy anybody to tell me they've felt like the Warriors have had a strong presence in the middle. Green has erased a lot of defensive sins. It turns out that their deficiencies in the paint weren't fatal.

Take me to court for not seeing into the future!

Tom.

Mike Desert

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 01:20:18 PM »
Oh we never get picked to win out here. I was laughing during your ESPN talk, because those idiots still give no props to the Giants.  I think they had them picked to lose in every post-season series last year. Then when they win their 3rd title in 5 years they say it's because it's some kind of "even number year magic" they have.  Now THAT'S reporting!

Mike Desert

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 11:23:34 PM »
Also,  I haven't really followed basketball since I was a kid,  but this game right now is giving such anxiety I might have to get back into it

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 11:38:08 PM »
Hold on. You don't even follow it and you're giving me grief for saying the Warriors aren't going the distance? Shameful.

And the reason the Warriors never get picked to win is because they've been terrible forever. And most people have them picked to win this series. Nothing more than that, son.

You're in the penalty box for a month.

Tom.

Mike Desert

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 01:48:59 AM »
I watch some at the bar, but I don't obsess like I do with baseball. And I wasn't giving you grief! That was a segue to asking who you had in the finals.

I don't know what your high school was like,  but it really took me a long time to get back into sports after those 4 scarring years.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 01:56:04 AM »
I'm sorry, I can't read what you wrote with you IN THE PENALTY BOX

Tom.

Mike Desert

Greggulator

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 09:39:19 PM »
GSW has been a joy to watch all year. Steph's more-or-less inventing basketball right now. No one has ever been able to create his own shot like he can. He regularly makes step-back threes after behind-the-back dribbles. I don't even know if any other plays have TAKEN a shot like that. Not just now. Ever.

Then you add in the rest of those parts around them. I don't ever remember seeing a team that has eight players who can bring the ball up the court. The entire starting five (Steph, Klay, Barnes, Draymond and Bogut) all do it, plus Iguodala, Barbosa and Livingston. It's absolutely bonkers when they close out possessions. They run so many nifty little things in transition to get either Steph or Klay a wide open look.

I used to want to throw my remote control watching them play under Mark Jackson. Steph, Bogut and Iggy are wonderful passers. It didn't really make any sense to see them just run constant isolation plays when you have a jump-shooting team.

They don't have a traditional post player. But they run a decent amount of pin-downs, especially with Klay since he has height on whoever typically guards him.  And I'd rather have Steph or Klay shoot a three than get someone a post look.

They've had the best defense in the league all year. Their constant switching is unreal. Mark Jackson put together a really good defensive system, but Kerr and Co. just amplified it. Draymond Green is a savant on this end of the court.

It's a shame that Irving's hurt. I wish we got to see a full matchup between these teams. GSW got lucky with the injury bug this year. Cleveland lost their second and third best players. Houston didn't have their best perimeter defender in Patrick Beverly. Mike Conley had a broken face (!) and like 800 other injuries.

Also: I think Memphis looks like they were the second best team in basketball this year. They had GSW on the ropes (up 2-1 with home court) with their engine Conley hurt. GSW had to take a major gamble and threw up a gimmick defense by having Bogut "cover" Tony Allen. TA was absolutely destroying GSW's gameplan on offense. They took him off the court in a really pretty brilliant move. That series might go a bit differently if Tony Allen could hit an 18-foot jump shot with no one covering him.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Mike Desert

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 12:58:48 AM »

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 02:34:40 AM »
Curry is re-inventing basketball. James Naismith invented it.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 07:44:04 AM »
Curry is re-inventing basketball. James Naismith invented it.

Koncak nearly destroyed it.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies