Author Topic: Ask Mike Anything  (Read 62066 times)

WesleyfromLondon

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Ask Mike Anything
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2016, 06:55:19 PM »
I mean you'd think so. At one point she says "I need serious help!... I'm gonna run out soon!".

I think the main problem was she'd already eaten a pound of the ashes, and she said if she ran out of ashes she'd have to kill herself.

The real kicker here is that embalmed remains contain chemicals that cause psychosis. I didn't realise they embalmed people they burned, but apparently they do, so while she's trying to get less crazy she's actively eating craziness chemicals.

Phantom Hugger

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2016, 04:40:07 PM »
I have read Suttree. It's great. It's right up there with Blood Meridian as my favorite Cormac McCarthy book.

I found Sutree so frustrating, something almost happens then the story meanders away and almost does something else. Rinse and repeat.

I was driven so mad I had to give up when he was tripping and wondering through the forest with only 30 pages left, did I miss anything?

Blood Meridian is tops, though.

WesleyfromLondon

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2016, 01:36:08 AM »
There's an episode of My Strange Addiction about a lady who is addicted to her puppet. Someone keep an eye on Wally Wackiman.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2016, 12:41:51 PM »
Now that you wear cowboy hats, has Massa's gone country? Do you now have chickenwire over the stage in the corner, and do they throw beer bottles at the band if they don't know "Wreck of the Old 97"?

WesleyfromLondon

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2016, 08:50:17 PM »
I like the concept of AP Mike being the Fisher King of Massa's.

bigginsjp

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2016, 02:27:26 PM »
What do you think of Jonathan Franzen? (This is a serious question)

A year or so ago I read The Corrections and was not terribly impressed (how often do we neglect novels with only one read?). Now I am reading his new book Purity and it reminds me (in a positive fashion) of Douglas Coupland (I'm from the Slacker generation). 

Thanks ~

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2016, 07:46:25 PM »

A year or so ago I read The Corrections and was not terribly impressed (how often do we neglect novels with only one read?). Now I am reading his new book Purity and it reminds me (in a positive fashion) of Douglas Coupland (I'm from the Slacker generation). 

Thanks ~
Douglas Coupland he wrote a book about Marshall McLuhan, one of the  "Extraordinary Canadians" (along with Dougald).
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2016, 09:58:21 AM »
It's completely unfair, but I always get Marshall McLuhan mentions (here and, uh, elsewhere) mixed up with this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Applewhite.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2016, 09:06:29 PM »
It's completely unfair, but I always get Marshall McLuhan mentions (here and, uh, elsewhere) mixed up with this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Applewhite.
That's screwed up.

And unfair.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dontuknowimloko?

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2016, 11:20:29 AM »
Mike, please tell me you are just taking a week off to cool down. We'd hate to see you leave.

johnnynovato

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2016, 11:52:22 AM »
I second that.

bigginsjp

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2016, 12:51:52 PM »
Mike, please tell me you are just taking a week off to cool down. We'd hate to see you leave.

Can someone give me the CliffsNotes on what has happened? I'm not on Twitter.

(The naïve one in the forum.)

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2016, 02:13:27 PM »
I took the week off for a prior commitment (job related). I wasn't benched.
See God, Kai

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2016, 02:14:56 PM »

Thanks ~

I haven't read The Corrections, although I own it. From articles I've read by Franzen, I've gotten a bad vibe.
See God, Kai

matt.matt.5811

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2016, 11:05:58 PM »
Hi Mike,

Any plans on releasing a new song or two this year?