Author Topic: Posting Tom's playlist  (Read 5045 times)

Fiendish McTavish

• Plantar Fasciitis
Posting Tom's playlist
« on: July 01, 2015, 09:44:51 PM »
I am a huge fan of The Best Show and never miss an episode, but I am no longer able to listen live on Tuesday nights. Thus I download the podcast and listen as soon as I have the opportunity. Therefore the one thing that I miss is a thing that I have always really valued, and that is all the great music that Tom plays and turns me on to. It would be great if you could somewhere on the Best Show site post your playlists for each show and I would eagerly seek out the tunes on line and probably purchase them all.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Posting Tom's playlist
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 10:06:06 PM »
I am a huge fan of The Best Show and never miss an episode, but I am no longer able to listen live on Tuesday nights. Thus I download the podcast and listen as soon as I have the opportunity. Therefore the one thing that I miss is a thing that I have always really valued, and that is all the great music that Tom plays and turns me on to. It would be great if you could somewhere on the Best Show site post your playlists for each show and I would eagerly seek out the tunes on line and probably purchase them all.
Look around, Kid, look around.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Andrew F

• Achilles bursitis
"I'LL SAY IT
YOU'LL HEAR IT
YOU'LL DO IT
I'LL GET IT
YOU'LL LEARN IT
I'LL LIVE WITH IT
AND YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT IT."

Fiendish McTavish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 02:51:30 PM »
OK, so I take from the above responses that there is no straight forward, simple go to place for a moron like me to find the music. I have to solve an opaque puzzle to learn what the playlist was for, say, last week's show. I guess I will just have to die without it, which doesn't very well serve those artists and musicians making that music, but you get your smug laugh out of it.

justinmh05

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 03:58:53 PM »
OK, so I take from the above responses that there is no straight forward, simple go to place for a moron like me to find the music. I have to solve an opaque puzzle to learn what the playlist was for, say, last week's show. I guess I will just have to die without it, which doesn't very well serve those artists and musicians making that music, but you get your smug laugh out of it.

Huh? The post right above yours has a link to the Best Show playlist thread.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 04:51:59 AM »

Be aware though that it does not post automatically to Spotify for some reason.

Kurz

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 08:14:26 AM »
Huh? The post right above yours has a link to the Best Show playlist thread.
Where every week a dedicated fan goes through the trouble of writing down the playlist, including links on where to buy/listen to the songs...

Fiendish McTavish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 01:47:41 AM »
OK, thanks and apologies to y'all. I guess I am a moron. I didn't realize that the link was taking me to the earliest posting and I only saw the playlist from Dec 2014. I see now that one has to page forward to progress to the more recent shows and to the last page to see the most current playlist. I am now happily purchasing and listening to the songs from the May 26th show.

Andrew F

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 07:29:33 PM »
Ah, I thought I copied the link to the most recent page in the thread. Confusion understood. Glad you were able to find the info though. Tom's been playing some awesome music that deserves our support for sure!
"I'LL SAY IT
YOU'LL HEAR IT
YOU'LL DO IT
I'LL GET IT
YOU'LL LEARN IT
I'LL LIVE WITH IT

Fiendish McTavish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 08:05:51 PM »
Thanks andrewryanfetter!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 04:11:28 PM »
Confusion understood.
Speaking of confusion, I believe Fiendish took your motto to be a part of your response.

Particularly this part:

I'LL LIVE WITH IT

In all caps no less.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."