Author Topic: DIFFICULT PEOPLE  (Read 2284 times)

josh c

• Policemans heel
DIFFICULT PEOPLE
« on: August 05, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »
The first two episodes alone are outlandishly good. This was my dream show going in, based on the performers and cast alone, and it's already exceeded my expectations.

"What's more of a turnoff - veganism or Judaica?"

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: DIFFICULT PEOPLE
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 04:55:56 PM »
I tore through the first episodes the other night and it is next level funny. I've also started listening to How Was Your Week? and kicking myself that I haven't been listening for ages.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

puffskull

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:45:30 PM »
watched the first episode and a half (before Hulu figured out i'm in Australia...) and it was fantastic!

Also, How Was Your Week? is just so so good... Julie has become probably my favourite Best Show guest (along with John Hodgman) and just one of my favourite people in general. love love love her stuff

rinehart

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 10:08:59 AM »
I think it's great. Lots of people like it and I'm really hopeful that this may lead to Julie Klausner someday finally publishing her children's book: "A Shabbas for Jimmy Jazz".

Also, HWYW got me through the Best Show off-the-air period. It was recommended to me as Klausner is like Tom, except she talks about reality shows and musicals too.
Everyone's talking about that computer fight.

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:17:39 AM »
The show is SO FRIGGIN' GREAT. Kate McKinnon's character in the latest episode is spectacular.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 10:35:32 AM »
Thrilled about how great this show is. I generally expect some growing pains from a new show like this but DP has been hilarious right out of the gate. Can't wait for the rest of the season. (I've always thought Julie K. was a stunner, but wow does she look fantastic!)
Your vigor for life appalls me.

josh c

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 06:38:18 PM »
All four episodes so far have been excellent. The secondary characters are fleshed out and feel like real people. Klausner #1

Also, googling the title a few nights ago to look for cast info landed me into an Internet firestorm over the first episode's R. Kelly/Blu Ivy joke....which is the whole plot of the first episode (Julie makes a tasteless joke and is attacked with criticism). Shut down the Internet, please.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 12:47:20 PM »
This show has me laughing out loud one minute and the next I want to punch somebody in the face.

BadGuyZero

• Administrator

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 05:17:18 PM »
I absolutely love that she got LuAnn from the Real Housewives to announce it on Instagram.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

tbennett

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 06:42:03 PM »
Just watched yesterday's ep and was happy to hear the phrase "come on y'all it is time to have fun" several times!!

josh c

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 12:45:36 AM »
I'll have to re-watch for a "come on yall" line.

This is my favorite show. I was exhausted watching the newest episode but Julie's back-and-forths with Cole Escola were superb. Also the discussion about Andy Warhol on social media.

not that clay

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 06:40:18 PM »
It's great! And not great because I love the cast and want them to succeed great but actually great. That it didn't have a weird shaky start like every other great comedy can only mean that it will be a classic. OMG Andrea Martin and James Urbaniak too.

josh c

• Policemans heel
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 10:04:54 PM »
AMY SEDARIS IS A SAINT

Just her character awkwardly putting her hands in her pockets slayed me. A genius. (Wonder why she wasn't credited (?) Not sure if her Broad City cameo last year was either.)

Also PAUL DINELLO and DEBBIE HARRY. Good lord.