Author Topic: Tom's Celebrity Apprentice recaps from 2011  (Read 4381 times)

President Baseball

• Policemans heel
Tom's Celebrity Apprentice recaps from 2011
« on: August 31, 2015, 01:37:23 PM »
I don't know how I missed these tremendous recaps Tom wrote for Vulture 4 years ago, but I am finally reading them now and laughing so much:

http://nymag.com/author/Tom%20Scharpling/

What's great is that I never watched that show, but love the recaps.

I wish Tom had time to do more TV show recaps, but that's probably not going to happen, I'm sure he's too busy and doesn't want to be up all night on deadline every week to recap some awful TV show. And Celebrity Apprentice seems to have gotten the heave-ho now anyway.

I wonder which celebrities would have been on the next season of C.A. if it hadn't been canceled, and what sort of ridiculous tasks and horrible antics they would have given us?

Maybe someday Tom could write "recaps" of the theoretical "next season" of Celebrity Apprentice, hosted by President Trump-- that would be comedy gold.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Tom's Celebrity Apprentice recaps from 2011
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 01:52:33 PM »
Praise Him and thank you for finding these. I was really hoping someone would because they sounded hysterical.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 06:45:04 PM »
I wonder which one will be our Vice President?
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

President Baseball

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 11:44:09 AM »
Apparently "Celebrity Apprentice" is coming back, just with a different host. I wonder whatever happened to that other host, Donald somebody. He seems to have disappeared from public view.

What sort of celebrity lineup would it take to inspire Tom to recap it again? How about something like this:

New Host: Roger Goodell.

Celebrities:
Sarah Palin
Caitlyn Jenner
Gene Simmons
Snooki
Josh Duggar
Hulk Hogan
Nicki Minaj
Wayne Coyne
Rosie O'Donnell
Uncle Phil from Duck Dynasty
Scott Stapp
Sir Mix-A-Lot
Paula Deen
Courtney Love

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 12:27:09 PM »
Apparently "Celebrity Apprentice" is coming back, just with a different host. I wonder whatever happened to that other host, Donald somebody. He seems to have disappeared from public view.

He's running for President, if you can believe it.  His VP running mate is Marq Torien from the Bulletboys.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 01:43:27 PM »

He's running for President, if you can believe it.  His VP running mate is Marq Torien from the Bulletboys.

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP (lol)

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 12:07:20 PM »

What sort of celebrity lineup would it take to inspire Tom to recap it again? How about something like this:

New Host: Roger Goodell.

Celebrities:
Sarah Palin
Caitlyn Jenner
Gene Simmons
Snooki
Josh Duggar
Hulk Hogan
Nicki Minaj
Wayne Coyne
Rosie O'Donnell
Uncle Phil from Duck Dynasty
Scott Stapp
Sir Mix-A-Lot
Paula Deen
Courtney Love

Throw in Barry from Storage Wars and/or Rick from Pawn Stars and you've got something.