Author Topic: "reality" shows  (Read 1284 times)

El Drano

• Plantar Fasciitis
"reality" shows
« on: September 14, 2015, 07:35:13 PM »
The talk about Storage Wars and the hilarious Staten Island Garbage Rats... had me thinking about other ridiculous "reality" shows I've seen recently.  Honestly I think most are too awful and fake to be entertaining.
 BUT is anyone familiar with "The Forge" on the History Channel?  4 (often bearded) blacksmiths/sword-smiths compete to make a specific blade?  The three judges and the host are real goobers in my opinion as are some of the contestants.  Its unintentionally funny and I would love to hear Tom's opinion. 

Then there is this other one whose title gets a laugh from everyone I mention it to... "Airplane Repo".   It's on Discovery and yep it's repo men taking planes from people who didn't make their payments.  I've noticed each scenario often ends with the sad sack owner running after the plane as the repo men fly away with it, yelling  hey hey! stop stop!.. that's my plane!    ha ha ha

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
Re: "reality" shows
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »
Thanks for these excellent recommendations.
See God, Kai

erg79

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: "reality" shows
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 12:24:27 PM »
There's the steampunk design reality competition show now (on SyFy, I think), but I haven't watched it because I know I couldn't take it.