Author Topic: streaming on my phone  (Read 1572 times)

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
streaming on my phone
« on: November 11, 2015, 09:38:21 AM »
Last night was one of the rare opportunities for me to listen live to the show but I couldn't get it to work on my phone. I tried just going to the site via Chrome, no joy. It's a Nexus 6P, Android 6.0   Any advice?
Your vigor for life appalls me.

JeSStradiol

• Achilles bursitis
Re: streaming on my phone
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »
If you haven't already, download the VLC player app. It's free and plays almost anything. The link Dudio puts out on Twitter every week can be copied and pasted into the stream section of VLC. I hope that helps when you get another chance to listen live.
"Nothing from Fletch is making it on this list. NOTHING!!!"

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 11:54:15 AM »
that sounds promising, will definitely give it a try. thanks!

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »
You have to download the VLC app, then tune into The Best Show's Twitter feed (@bestshow4life) around showtime when it posts a URL ending in ".m3u8", then copy that address, then open VLC, then click on the "Open network stream" icon (second from right at the top on the main screen), then paste that address, then click "Open". You will want to keep the address on your clipboard or in a note on your phone if/when the stream drops.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 03:18:28 PM »
thanks, Josh :D

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 08:28:19 PM »
The method I use achieves the same result. I text the link to myself and click on the link in the text message. VLC opens up automatically and starts playing the stream. I've had mixed results pasting the link in "open network stream" in VLC. That's probably through fault of my own, not the app's. Again, different method; same result.

JeSStradiol

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 07:35:57 AM »
When I copy and paste the link from the twitter feed I always have to chop off any hashtags or any other extra text that's in the tweet. When I copy it it always copies the entire tweet. So if you get the link from twitter, double check it after you paste it in VLC. It won't open if the extra text from the tweet is in there. Although lately I've noticed if I go to the best show.net site and press play. My VLC opens the stream from there.
"Nothing from Fletch is making it on this list. NOTHING!!!"