Author Topic: Frank D'Angelo  (Read 4245 times)

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
Frank D'Angelo
« on: November 15, 2015, 09:32:37 PM »
Has this guy ever been discussed on the Best Show? I assume the Torontans are familiar with him.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/11/james-caan-sicilian-vampire

http://torontoist.com/2015/06/the-frank-dangelo-cinematic-universe/

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

peter falk

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Frank D'Angelo
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 11:08:43 AM »
Oh my god, I'd totally forgotten about this creep.  About five years ago, this guy was running ads for his energy drink ("Cheetah Power Surge") every Saturday night on CBC during Hockey Night in Canada on the Windsor affiliate we pick up in Southeast Michigan.  Amazingly obnoxious spots, including a few where he'd be skating around with "professional" hockey players you'd never heard of to demonstrate the power of his beverage as well as how good he was at hockey, and a few ads pimping a contest where you could win the privilege of riding around on a motorcycle with him.  For a while, these ads were as ubiquitous as the draft kings/daily fantasy nonsense.

He is also a singer, and you should all review some of the youtube clips of his crooning.  Next level schadenfreude. 

agent_jimmy

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 01:00:16 PM »
thanks?

for real though this was entertaining. and frustrating. these guys whos only credentials are their bank accounts are the worst. everything is a 'move' and nothing is genuine...ugh.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 02:20:52 PM »
The rape charges are a particularly unsavory (unsavoury?) touch.

I don't want to start a whole thing, but it's hard to believe that people's reaction to the unfairness of this guy having enough money to literally bankroll anything he wants is to turn to Donald Trump and against black people, foreigners and Muslims.

I don't like solutions that don't actually address the problems.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 09:55:54 PM »

buffcoat

Not to be obtuse, but was he raped by the Donald or did he rape him?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."