Author Topic: S&W Live in Philladangerous  (Read 4544 times)

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
S&W Live in Philladangerous
« on: December 14, 2015, 11:24:27 AM »
Did anyone go to the live in Philly show? Most of us could not attend and would appreciate a run-down !

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: S&W Live in Philladangerous
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 12:02:11 PM »
It was SPECTACULAR. I haven't been to any of the other live shows so nothing to compare it to. But the first half was very heavy of Philly Boy Roy who received the homecoming a Zeigler deserves! Mike got a huge chant for his appearance. The second half featured GARY THE SQUIRREL interviewing Kurt Vile and Jelloman. Gene Simmons made an appearance. Barry Dworkin also came out to reprise his hit song "Rock'n'Roll Dreams'll Come Thru." Show ended with Roy singing "Punk Rock Girl" with The Dead Milkmen in order to fulfill his longtime Christmas wish as Tom et al. fired things into the crowd with a giant slingshot.

It was madness. One of my favorite live events ever. Ran into so many friends. A+++.
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

kouzie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
So, so jealous. Wish I was there!

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 03:36:11 PM »
Gotta agree with my man the Greggulator. The live show really took the tenants of the radio program -- mirth, music, and mayhem -- and translated it to the stage. For everything that happened in all of the different segments to still have an overriding narrative arc was pretty awesome. The whole show ran over 2.5 hours, and then Tom and Jon signed autographs for probably an hour afterward. A truly tour de force performance from the boyz!
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

rpm1200

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 09:44:23 AM »
The show was excellent! I got some pictures:

http://s620.photobucket.com/user/rpm1200/slideshow/Scharpling%20and%20Wurster%20Live%20In%20Philly

ETA: It was great that Dudio and Pat Byrne made it to the show, too. Mike and Dudio both brought and signed headshots, and it was nice talking to them, as well as Tom and Jon.

Seanman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 01:41:05 PM »
Pure joy. That's the only way I can describe it. The show itself was magical, of course, but the real highlight for me was finally getting to meet so many other FOTs! Everyone was so nice, from A to Z-Man. Hanging out with Wally Wackiman was a dream come true for me! I even got to shake Tom and Jon's hand and tell them how much the show means to me. Basically, it was a LIFE EVENT.   :D

Cosmic Castoff

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 02:25:09 PM »
It was absolutely insane and epic. I would just say to anyone ever on the fence or whatever: next time you get the chance, just go see them and don't think twice.