Author Topic: Scharpling & Wurster: Tim & Eric  (Read 1943 times)

puffskull

• Achilles bursitis
Scharpling & Wurster: Tim & Eric
« on: February 17, 2016, 06:22:27 PM »
I don't know if this question has already been asked and answered on here (I tried doing a search on the forum but couldn't find the info...)
but
S&W and T&E are pretty much my two ALL-TIME FAVOURITE FUNNIES. Imagine my excitement when i found out a while ago that both Tom and Jon were writers on Tom Goes to the Mayor and Tim & Eric's Awesome Show Great Job! (!)
Ever since then, i've had a good time trying to figure out which sketches they are responsible for... but the time has come for answers.
I know that Tom couldn't talk about it on WFMU, and i doubt if he would even want to now. After all, the mystery may be more fun. And fun is his business.

Nevertheless, if anyone out there knows... please let me know.

I suspect that they may have a hand in the Cinco commercials... as though the company could be in Newbridge. I can picture Darren Ploppleton calling in on a Cincophone, or Gene Simmons playing with his T'ird.

Though anything scatological seems like it would be a non-starter with Tom. OR WOULD IT?? Is that just what he wants us to think????

Of course, I may be over-thinking this whole thing.

WesleyfromLondon

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Scharpling & Wurster: Tim & Eric
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 07:51:53 PM »
I figured that Jefferton from TGTTM was at least part based on Newbridge. There's some language that Tom uses that I hear sometimes in Tim and Eric or especially in Monk, whenever monk says 'sex _____' where the blank is something that already has sex implied in it, like 'sex prostitute', and I think I've heard that on Tim and Eric once or twice.

It's weird cause I saw Tim & Eric/TGTTM and Monk long before I got in to the Best Show but when I rewatch that stuff I can see S&W stuff everywhere.

autumnalmanac

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Scharpling & Wurster: Tim & Eric
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 10:10:42 PM »
John posted on his instagram a while back a handwritten list of proposals for awesome show great job that he had submitted, and the only one that made the show was Trick My Trick!

Josh

• Space Champion!
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."