Author Topic: FOT Fontasy Baseball 2016  (Read 3450 times)

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
FOT Fontasy Baseball 2016
« on: January 28, 2016, 02:11:41 AM »
It's time to start thinking about it again. Neel, if you see this, PM me. Wanna talk to you about some big ideas.
(whatever you do, don't tell DFK).

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
Re: FOT Fontasy Baseball 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 02:11:29 AM »
Who is interested in playing? Did you play last year? I'm trying to gauge people's interest to see 1) How many teams we could get, 2) preferences for roto vs head to head (i prefer roto, personally), 3) if people would be into a $20 buy-in this year so that the winner gets something. I figure we'd have a purse for the overall winner but figure out another prize or two to keep everyone interested.

Holler hear if you'd want to play and answer the questions above and we'll see what's what.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 11:27:22 PM »
I'm not opposed to a buy-in. Maybe $15 to $20? I'd hesitate to go any higher than that because I'd still like to keep it somewhat casual and lower-stake.

RE: Roto vs. head to head- I prefer roto myself. But I'd have no issue with reverting back to head-to-head, which is what we had typically done prior to last season.

I'd be curious to hear any ideas that you guys might have. We'll look to get the league set up sometime early next month.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 09:35:54 PM »
I'm not opposed to a buy-in. Maybe $15 to $20? I'd hesitate to go any higher than that because I'd still like to keep it somewhat casual and lower-stake.

RE: Roto vs. head to head- I prefer roto myself. But I'd have no issue with reverting back to head-to-head, which is what we had typically done prior to last season.

I'd be curious to hear any ideas that you guys might have. We'll look to get the league set up sometime early next month.

I'm getting curious. Maybe we should post this on the facebook Bad Company group. (are you on there?) There have been nearly 100 views of this post and nobody has said they're into playing. I have an invite to another league that I'm considering.

peter falk

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 08:59:16 AM »
I would be up to play.  I usually turf out of fantasy baseball a couple months into the season because of the effort it requires to set lineups, but if there's a small buy in, that might incentivize sticking around for the long haul...

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:35:24 AM »

I'm getting curious. Maybe we should post this on the facebook Bad Company group. (are you on there?) There have been nearly 100 views of this post and nobody has said they're into playing. I have an invite to another league that I'm considering.

We have a Facebook group?

Anyway, I'll put something out there on Twitter during tonight's show. Perhaps that will gin up some interest.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 06:33:54 PM »
Far as I can tell, we still need FIVE teams. Who's out there? Who wants to play?!

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »
I'm in.  I would prefer roto and am up for putting $20 in for the winner/consolation prizes. 
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 09:56:01 PM »

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 02:39:46 PM »
I think we still have a few available spots left.

Last call.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 05:25:59 PM »
Last last call. Bumping this up one last time. Winner gets a cash prize and lunch with Tom Scharpling*

*Lunch with Scharpling prize not available to persons living outside of Tanzania.

Hugman 3.0

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 02:05:34 PM »
We're full. Thank you.