Author Topic: Funding the Best Show  (Read 3128 times)

rmatthew94

• Plantar Fasciitis
Funding the Best Show
« on: April 29, 2016, 04:35:54 PM »
Has anyone thought about setting up some type of funding for the best show?  Whether crowd funding or some type of subscription funding?  Or is this something that Tom would have to do?

I'm not suggesting a paywall, where you have to pay to listen but more of a donation for people who have the means and want to support the show.

I would gladly pay $10 a month (or more) to help the show financially.  We get enough people it could help Tom cost burden of the show. 

Just a thought.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
Re: Funding the Best Show
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:30:11 PM »
Has anyone thought about setting up some type of funding for the best show?  Whether crowd funding or some type of subscription funding?  Or is this something that Tom would have to do?

I'm not suggesting a paywall, where you have to pay to listen but more of a donation for people who have the means and want to support the show.

I would gladly pay $10 a month (or more) to help the show financially.  We get enough people it could help Tom cost burden of the show. 

Just a thought.
Seems he has been handing out the cash left and right lately.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 09:21:56 PM »
Cut out the middleman. Go and buy your own Angriest Whopper.

Burger King is surely paying Tom a pretty penny for his subliminal advertising. I realize the reviews for the Angriest Whopper ranged from disgusting to totally disgusting, but in this post-irony world of marketing BK might be the ones finally putting the truth in advertising.

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 09:26:46 PM »
Check that, I think Domino's went with an marketing gimmick a few years back where they admitted their food was crapalicious.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dominos-admits-pizza-was-the-worst-bets-the-company-on-ads-vowing-change/

EmeraldNightmare

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 02:45:43 PM »
I've been thinking about this too. What about a Patreon feed or something, where the show is still free but people can pay for extra content similar to the WFMU premium rewards (Geegcast, Merge round table etc.)?

heliumsocket

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 02:42:51 AM »
I've been thinking about this too. What about a Patreon feed or something, where the show is still free but people can pay for extra content similar to the WFMU premium rewards (Geegcast, Merge round table etc.)?
I'd gladly drop a buck or two in exchange for each Half Hour of Power, especially if I knew doing so was directly contributing to keeping the whole operation solvent.