Author Topic: Looking for a few classic Scharpling & Wurster bits from some older episodes.  (Read 3390 times)

mrdonair

• Plantar Fasciitis
Hi guys, first time poster. Long time listener of the show. I'm looking for a few Scharpling & Wurster bits that occurred on some older episodes of the best show that I can't find. I've never seen them come up on the "Best Show Bests" or the old "Gems". Maybe some of you can help me hear these classics again?

1. Hammerhead. The hardcore guy.
2. Wurster is Alex Trebek's brother.
3. Wurster sings "Rock n Roll Dreams Will Come True" and describes his band. He describes each members and their instruments in great detail, even what guitar strings they play. I think the band may have been called The Gas Station Dogs? This is the first episode I ever heard (in 2008 maybe?) and instantly turned me into a fan!

matt.matt.5811

• Plantar Fasciitis
"Hammerhead Talks About the Newbridge Hardcore Scene" is a Best Show Gem, just look a little harder for it.

"The Gas Station Dogs" is on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRVQDYB9Kqk 

"The Return of Barry Dworkin" is the follow up, and is also a Best Show Gem.

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
It's Pat Sajak's brother, not Alex Trebek. Look for "Mike Sajak" in the Best Show Gems podcast as well (there's two of 'em).

hairdryer

• Achilles bursitis
Gas Station Dogs - April 2, 2002
Hammerhead - November 18, 2008

for episode dates.

hairdryer

• Achilles bursitis
Just gonna pretend the last post before mine in this thread isn't 3 months old.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
I'm sure Mr Don Air appreciates it!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

hairdryer

• Achilles bursitis
If he has 1% body fat he does.

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
While this thread is open, anyone remember which episode has the "lost in the choogle" bit? newer non WFMU Wurster call
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person