Author Topic: Definitive call list  (Read 2989 times)

hairdryer

• Achilles bursitis
Definitive call list
« on: October 11, 2016, 11:34:26 PM »
Been looking for a definitive site that lists all of the fake calls starting from the early years. Does such a thing exist?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Best_Show_with_Tom_Scharpling_episodes

seems to be the most finite.

Surely there is a fansite with more information (starting from the beginning of the show's history)? I have been re-listening from the beginning and have been isolating all of the fake calls for a personal collection (complete best of the best show unabridged) and would love to share the information with someone who runs or edits a fan site (or even the wikipedia page).

So far I have 5 years completed. Not sure if this is of interest to anyone, but I figure even if I miss a quick call here and there (a lot of the early episodes have several) it would fill in some holes that might interest some fans down the line.

Anyone interested please PM me. Anyone not interested suck my lobster meat.

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Definitive call list
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:16:38 PM »
I think The Newbridgctionary, compiled by buffcoat, is the closest thing to what you're describing. Having assisted with some official Show compilation projects, I feel pretty confident in saying that it is pretty well definitive for Newbridge Calls from the start of the show through the end of "volume one" in 2013. I don't recall ever running into any appearances that weren't covered there or not being able to find something by cross-referencing buffcoat's list/Omar's recaps/the forum/my own notes.

I think there are a few other pretty in-depth lists that have been compiled by Users of a Certain Era as well, but I'm not sure if they're available or still up anywhere. At one point, I think around the 10th anniversary, I put together a list of how many calls and different characters and appearances by those characters by Jon, but that would be pretty out of date by now if I still have it. I had a pretty thorough call-for-call history of Bryce and Philly Boy Roy as research for the box set as well, detailing the their evolution and the first appearances of their character traits.

There have been a few attempts at rockin' a wiki over the years, but none have really come together. Some are still around in some form, and I think there's even still some pre-Newbridge era stuff around. As far as what's available online, I think a combination of the Newbridgctionary list and Omar's recaps are probably as close as you can get for an exhaustive character guide that covers several years.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 06:29:01 PM »
The below logs have the first three years and some of 2003:

http://scratchbomb.com/best_show_logs/
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

hairdryer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
I think The Newbridgctionary, compiled by buffcoat, is the closest thing to what you're describing.

For some reason, every time I visited that site, I went straight to the "archive" link and never thought to scroll all the way down from the main page. Feeling super dumb. I thought it "began" at 2004.

The below logs have the first three years and some of 2003:

http://scratchbomb.com/best_show_logs/

Hadn't seen this one before. Thanks much.

Both of these sites are a huge help. Appreciate it.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 05:57:02 AM »
buffcoat used to be really good about updating that site. Some say he might update it again someday, but others say he moved out near Ely in the Nevada desert and opened a charging station for Nissan Leafs only.

Omar, Wes and I, along with JRSly at one point, did a pretty thorough job catching a couple of calls that weren't in The Newbridctionary around the time of the box set.

Happy listening!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

hairdryer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 10:29:02 PM »
Both of the sites listed above work out well because I have just finished the end of 2004, while the more complete Scratchbomb site runs out at the end of 2003. So this will at least help me archive what I've already (re)listened to without going back too much.  Thanks again.

Having lots of fun revisiting some of these early bits. Hot Rockin' Ronnie will always be my favorite antagonist.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 02:25:37 PM »
Both of the sites listed above work out well because I have just finished the end of 2004, while the more complete Scratchbomb site runs out at the end of 2003. So this will at least help me archive what I've already (re)listened to without going back too much.  Thanks again.

Having lots of fun revisiting some of these early bits. Hot Rockin' Ronnie will always be my favorite antagonist.

http://www.friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php?topic=2030.0

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

hairdryer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 08:23:42 PM »
Thanks again