Author Topic: Velvet Underground love in the Cocaine show  (Read 1472 times)

euphoriafish

• Plantar Fasciitis
Velvet Underground love in the Cocaine show
« on: January 31, 2017, 10:23:10 PM »
Thanks to "Denny" for making it up to me for singing that lamesauce cocaine song no one requested when he got to the same confusion I had years ago about John Cale and John James Cale.  I didn't get to a joke about how it should fit in with Heroin, but I do remember a discussion with my boyfriend at the time about how at least one idiot at every rock show ever requests Cocaine no matter who is playing what genre of music.  I knew nothing of John James Cale (boyfriend knowledge) but was listening to a lot of Velvet Underground at the time and thought, "Like, they're the same person, right?" in college in 2003, long before I ever tried writing jokes and thinking that was what I was doing. 

I feel validated now and also like I should work harder at getting to jokes on these discoveries within fandom.  Or, I am just the perfect audience for that joke.  Ha!

Looking for keyboard lute bandmates in Lord of the Rings Online to play songs from Spaced Out (Shatner and Nimoy) and any other greatest hits.  Find Percabald on Brandywine server most days 9-12 US cst, O to friend, IM to IM.  30 min maybe to new hobbit minstrel with lute.