Author Topic: theme weavers new bed music  (Read 3060 times)

Angry Jim

• Plantar Fasciitis
theme weavers new bed music
« on: January 11, 2017, 01:40:45 AM »
I love the bed music. I really really do. But something in the new version changed.. Specifically the xylophone in the background - it's atonal.. or out of tune.. or just sounds different... I am a bit ape eared myself, so I can't say for sure, but it sounds different from the last version and a little... off... I'm sorry! I know I sound like a jerk. But it's weird.. right??
I'm sorry!

TrapNeuterReturn

• Achilles bursitis
Re: theme weavers new bed music
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 06:20:03 AM »
It is the old version slowed down.

Mr. Colin

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 03:19:01 AM »
Musicianly answer: the xylophone and marimba have an overtone-heavy timbre (and some samples go overboard on this); the new version, deliberately or not, emphasizes this so that it sounds like the melody is being played in parallel fifths.  TL,DR answer: you are not wrong.

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 03:06:37 PM »
Musicianly answer: the xylophone and marimba have an overtone-heavy timbre (and some samples go overboard on this); the new version, deliberately or not, emphasizes this so that it sounds like the melody is being played in parallel fifths.  TL,DR answer: you are not wrong.

Sorry if we screwed this up! Even if you hate the new bed music you should check out our new versions of Rock & Roll Dreams with Barry D on vocals, it turned out pretty good, also the re-recording of the Mike Show theme is a delight.

https://themeweaversllc.bandcamp.com/releases

-Ajax, resident message board Themeweaver

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 07:25:46 PM »

Sorry if we screwed this up! Even if you hate the new bed music you should check out our new versions of Rock & Roll Dreams with Barry D on vocals, it turned out pretty good, also the re-recording of the Mike Show theme is a delight.

https://themeweaversllc.bandcamp.com/releases

-Ajax, resident message board Themeweaver

I like parallel fifths!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

around the bend

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:38:54 PM »
there's a xylophone in the bed music? I just thought they changed the pitch of the guitar to make it sound heavier. It's hard to change after thousands of hours of hearing it the other way.

stig otracy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 08:16:18 PM »
I couldn't find a thread about this, but I just wanted to put in my $.02 and say that I love the old theme, I actually turn off (when streaming) or fast forward through (when listening afterwards) the new one.  I don't like the remake of the old one either, it was better before.

hairdryer

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 09:39:43 PM »
I like it.

Feels like a new version of an old dream.