Author Topic: Best Show merch we'd like to see  (Read 8113 times)

President Baseball

• Policemans heel
Best Show merch we'd like to see
« on: May 01, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »
What merchandise from the Best Show would you like to buy if it existed? Here are my ideas:

Best Show trading cards-- A set of cards featuring drawings of Newbridge characters as well as Tom, AP Mike, Dudio, Pat. etc. Brief bios and any "statistics" on the back of each card. Collect them all! Or maybe instead of cards, they should be Wacky Packages-style stickers?

The "Rock, Rot & Rule" book-- an actual book that just lists band after band and whether they Rock, Rot or Rule. It would be the ultimate argument settler! Seems like it wouldn't take too much time to put out an actual short paperback book like this, and it would be fun to have around.
Edit: actually I just thought of this, it might be easier to make a Rot, Rock & Rule smartphone app. You open the app, type in any band's name, and Ronald Thomas Clontle tells you whether they Rock, Rot, or Rule.

Newbridge Ratmen baseball hat and/or baseball jersey.

T-shirts/jerseys from some of the teams in the Eastern Part of America Belt-Whipping League

Band t-shirts for Mother 13, the Gas Station Dogs, and other Newbridge bands.

Consolidated Cardboard-branded work shirt.

A travel guide to Newbridge, with maps and infos on all the the businesses, attractions, stores, restaurants in Newbridge, in the style of Lonely Planet/Let's Go travel guides

Campaign buttons for the candidates from the Mayubernartorial election.

Bull Shannon

• Policemans heel
Re: Best Show merch we'd like to see
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 01:25:01 PM »
I would absolutely snatch up a t-shirt with this design of Gary as Tarkus:
https://twitter.com/jtojto/status/854480670370009089

tonyh

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 02:54:14 PM »

Best Show trading cards-- A set of cards featuring drawings of Newbridge characters as well as Tom, AP Mike, Dudio, Pat. etc. Brief bios and any "statistics" on the back of each card.

Wasn't this already done as a WFMU marathon premium? I feel like I once got some trading cards of Newbridge callers.

the finger genius

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 04:18:11 PM »
I would absolutely snatch up a t-shirt with this design of Gary as Tarkus:
https://twitter.com/jtojto/status/854480670370009089

This would be awesome.  I was also thinking of a shirt with "We get it, they don't"

benjaminpparrish

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 11:32:09 PM »
consolidated cardboard lp mailers.

bdb318

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 07:33:48 AM »
A pull-string talking Gary the Squirrel would be pretty cool.

Philsy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 03:00:50 PM »
I love the t-shirt ideas above.  I have the older ones and love them.  I have the Massa's one and love it.  And if I had a Newbridge Ratmen t-shirt or one of the bands - well I'd love that too.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 07:56:31 AM »

Best Show trading cards-- A set of cards featuring drawings of Newbridge characters as well as Tom, AP Mike, Dudio, Pat. etc. Brief bios and any "statistics" on the back of each card.

Wasn't this already done as a WFMU marathon premium? I feel like I once got some trading cards of Newbridge callers.

Yes, this was the 2010 marathon premium. 
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

scribbled name

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 12:08:24 PM »
I would love to see Jeff's artwork for the Best Show's return to be made available as prints/posters.

http://thesethingsmatterpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/10636513_10202858721489236_5965499542242457851_o-1024x610.jpg

Andrew F

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 08:23:45 AM »
I know there's the pin for the patrons, but the new best show logo as a button would be pretty cool. Also a big yes for t-shirts for the Newbridge bands.
"I'LL SAY IT
YOU'LL HEAR IT
YOU'LL DO IT
I'LL GET IT
YOU'LL LEARN IT
I'LL LIVE WITH IT
AND YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT IT."

bdb318

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 06:59:54 PM »
consolidated cardboard lp mailers.

I've been mulling this over, and I think it's all the more brilliant, because what kind of cardboard manufacturer brands its cardboard products? I'd buy a hundred of these.

heliumsocket

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »
What about a tote bag with the new Bad Company-style logo on the front?

I'd buy the HECK out of one of those.

Meatless Mondays

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 02:25:28 PM »
I would proudly sport a Philly Boy Roy hat.

the finger genius

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 02:11:19 PM »
Does anyone know if Jeff Owens / Tom are on here frequently?  There are sites where you can design a shirt for a fundraiser - maybe we could set something up for a shirt to be available for purchase with proceeds being split between Jeff / the show / local food bank?

President Baseball

• Policemans heel
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 03:11:00 PM »
Guess I'm the only one who would like to have a Rock Rot & Rule phone app? Would be fun to break out anytime you're talking about music with anyone. "Let's turn to the ultimate argument settler and see what the expert Ronald Thomas Clontle has to say about this. Look, it says right here that the Eagles rot. That settles it!"
I have a weird sense of humor I guess.