Author Topic: Kazoo Douche  (Read 3354 times)

bdb318

• Policemans heel
Kazoo Douche
« on: April 19, 2018, 08:07:11 PM »
Kazoo Douche is not a good caller, because he's just a semi-anonymous troll. But I feel like he has some sort of potential to become a better or even a good caller. The way Tom interacts with him is fun. And the reason is that Tom antagonizes callers a lot less these days and this guy is kind of a laser focus for Tom's animosity, and it brings out some really funny and entertaining interactions. Of course, not all of the interactions are funny or entertaining, but that is 100% Kazoo Douche's fault. And it's because he's a bad caller. But maybe someday he could become a good caller!

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Kazoo Douche
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 08:40:20 AM »
I dunno. Name someone else who has achieved that feat previously.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

bdb318

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 08:46:02 AM »
I dunno. Name someone else who has achieved that feat previously.

Spike comes to mind. I think Spike was a good caller--others disagree--but even if you disagree you'd have to admit that late-period Spike was a much more fluent and self-aware caller than early-period Spike. He started off as a disembodied voice asking about Sexy Sadie's whereabouts and turned into an actual character with a personality. There's part of me that thinks that if Kazoo Douche would let down his guard and allow himself to come off as an actual person, he might bring something worthwhile to the show.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 11:02:02 AM »
How and when did Spike's conversion actually take place? I have off and on been thinking about that over the years, I don't have a clear memory of that.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

bdb318

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 06:17:59 PM »
Oh, man, I'd have to go back and scour the archives for that. Maybe this weekend....

heliumsocket

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
If we’re talking about the guy who keeps calling in with the faux-Andrew Earles tone of voice/bravado, always says he’s from a different place, and grinds the show to a halt with his wack calls...then yeah, I agree, that guy sucks. His calls really drag the show down and make it not fun. He’s basically a copy of the Mit Hemine creep, in that his calls all seem to be a series of lame attempts to bother Tom.

The smirk in his voice is unbearable, and I’m not sure how he keeps getting on the air. I generally fast forward through his calls now.

It seems that dweebs of his ilk seem to stick around for about six months to a year, then go off and (presumably) find another group to torture with their unbearable presence. I won’t be sad when he loses interest with the show.

mnstrfrc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »
That he got through to the show twice this week after Tom told Mike not to let him through anymore after he insulted nick thorburn is perplexing

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 11:58:56 PM »
I caught his voice this time. He's been having a one-way fight with Tom for what, a year? He used to be more obvious about it - if I remember, he's some kind of proto-comedian.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

leeharveyosmond

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 01:12:58 PM »
don't insult andrew earles by comparing that douche's voice to his