Author Topic: Peter Potamus voice: Did you get that thing I sent ya?  (Read 5327 times)

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Peter Potamus voice: Did you get that thing I sent ya?
« on: May 30, 2018, 12:37:26 PM »
It was a typed letter putting forward that it would be a good idea (once the show ended) to do an Off-Broadway Steven Universe show in the style of Stop Making Sense or Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well and Living in Paris.

This brings me to something else, which is that we are right now in the middle of a fake cliffhanger that will go on for months, possibly, because Cartoon Network is utterly batshit insane when it comes to scheduling Steven Universe, and that everybody who works for the show or on the show has to grin and bear it. That they are now doing re-runs on Boomerang says to me that Turner is admitting "Yeah, we know we botched it, so here are old episodes of the show on the weekends." Maybe the show will find more fans that way; that's how I became aware of Star Trek and The Prisoner, from weekend reruns. The show deserves better from Cartoon Network.

(A good example of how the younger fans are taking things is here.)

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Peter Potamus voice: Did you get that thing I sent ya?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:08:34 PM »
(Looking back on it, this thread might have been better as a PM. That said, I have no idea if Tom has ever answered a PM off this board.)

I will say this about the second ending theme for the show, the final notes remind me of the ending to Men at Work's "It's a Mistake", how the song just stops on a synth note, the difference being that the Steven Universe theme ends on a higher note. If you ask me, this is not the end of the music, and the last season will have it's own theme - possibly a musical continuation of the "Love Like You" theme or some sort of triumphant ending. Or they just bring in Laibach, either this one or that one.

Carrying on a theme from another thread, here is Longmont Potion Castle giving a music store clerk the weirdness.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 01:35:50 AM »
I don't want to keep writing about this subject, but in the name of "absolute honesty", Cartoon Network will bring the show back for a week beginning July 2nd (proof). And then the show goes right back to hiatus, for however long CN decides, and this cycle of off-again, on-again, off-again will lurch on as long as the show is on the air as a first-run program.....which is nuts for an 11-minute cartoon, but it makes sick sense as Steven Universe is their breakout hit, so they release it when they think the viewership is big, but that always shifts for some reason and there is no long-distance plan* - just a couple of openings on the calendar that can be as large or small as the dart board they randomly toss "week" darts at. Look at how it went down last year - they dodged the Summer entirely. I know that Cartoon Network has had irregular scheduling of first-run shows since the 1990s, but those were 25-minute shows, not an 11-minute show that is packaged with another episode to make (more or less) a thirty-minute block. I want something with this show that I may never get, which is a steady release schedule.

* From what I can see.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 05:03:52 PM »
So we have gone around a month with no response, I will have to call in and make a jackass of myself nagging Tom to check this subforum.

Anyway, at the San Diego Comic Con today they announced a Steven Universe TV movie, allegedly a stand-alone musical, with a teaser trailer. Nobody in the crowd cheated and filmed the SU panel because they ran the next episode of the show.

Update: I have heard they had anti-streaming security watching the crowd, which is nuts because they let people film previous SDCC panels.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 02:26:07 AM »
Despite giving AP Mike a firm talking to during the Era of Tomronto-ness, no response within the thread.

That tears it....TOM, THIS WILL BECOME A RUNNING GAG.

YOU WILL BE CALLED AT ANY TIME on THE SHOW only to be confronted by me and the QUESTION.

bdb318

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 08:42:42 AM »
Can't wait to hear Paul Rodgers' sweet, sweet vocals again.

Despite giving AP Mike a firm talking to during the Era of Tomronto-ness, no response within the thread.

YOU WILL BE CALLED AT ANY TIME on THE SHOW only to be confronted by me and the QUESTION.

bovio

• Policemans heel
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 09:22:54 AM »
It’s a cartoon bud, calm down.

FredN.

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 12:34:53 AM »

Uhm, yeah. What the hell is this. Chill out dude.
And your original statement or notice at the top of this thread is soooo misguided. Tom is an actor on a cartoon. You shouldn't be bothering him with show notes, ideas, etc.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 11:15:08 PM »

And your original statement or notice at the top of this thread is soooo misguided. Tom is an actor on a cartoon. You shouldn't be bothering him with show notes, ideas, etc.

I was going to let this one go, but the condescension plus the avatar just push buttons. It was a joke and it didn't work. So I dropped it. Because people are not willing to promote this forum, under a larger group of active posters this thread would have been buried, but it just hangs there.

FredN.

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 09:14:27 AM »

I was going to let this one go, but the condescension plus the avatar just push buttons. It was a joke and it didn't work. So I dropped it. Because people are not willing to promote this forum, under a larger group of active posters this thread would have been buried, but it just hangs there.

You really should have let it go. It's clear it was not a joke and not a bit. You kept it going from May thru December, upping the ante each time. And kept calling in, too.