Author Topic: L? You are out of your mind!  (Read 4944 times)

Amplituden

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
L? You are out of your mind!
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:07:58 PM »
Hey there .

This weeks show was amazing!  That call with Bob was so great.

The other callers getting struck out by you was amazing, and getting that guy calling WFMU's music atonal garbage made me laugh out loud.

I am going to have to put an asterix besides your supposed "L" in my stats for this year.

With Hammerhead and Bob running for mayor of Newbridge, there isn't an L in sight till the election.
A poor man's Bronson Pinchot.

Pride of Staten Island

• Achilles bursitis
Re: L? You are out of your mind!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 01:10:48 PM »
The show definitely wasn't an L if only because of the call from Bob, which was absolutely amazing. I know everyone in the chat agreed.

The rest of the show wasn't exactly terrible either though maybe not the no-hitter Tom envisioned. That's hubris for you, though.
The only Wire I care about is the one that recorded Pink Flag.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 02:36:45 PM »
Yes, Bob's making fun of Tom talking to Patton Oswalt and Paul F. Tompkins alone made the whole show a sterling victory.  The knowledge that Tom probably had something to do with coming up with that is what makes being a Best Show fan a great thing.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 02:48:30 PM »
I have a buddy who takes my action on the Best Show out of his candle store in McLean.
Apparently, this week he had to pay out $650,000 to a client named "Billian Jarberie".

Amplituden

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 04:05:13 PM »
I have a buddy who takes my action on the Best Show out of his candle store in McLean.
Apparently, this week he had to pay out $650,000 to a client named "Billian Jarberie".

Oh, that makes sense then.
A poor man's Bronson Pinchot.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 09:29:47 PM »
how about a tie?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 10:59:37 PM »
Maybe this was a bye week.  Has anyone considered that possibility?  Yes, The Kid suited up and played hard -- he wasn't sitting on the bench.  He still brought his best game -- and I'm not agreeing that this week was an L.  Just that even the likes of LeBron James should get a pass every now and then.  Or to use a baseball analogy, even Alex Rodriguez has had his slump(s).  He's still gonna make history as one of the greatest to play the game.  Just you watch.  So should it go for The Kid.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 01:13:33 PM »
To use the parlance of James Cramer, this week was simply a market correction -- Tom had an amazing run in 2007, and you simply can't keep that up every week.  Some people cashed in to realize their paper gains.  The L is no indication of the overall health of the enterprise.  I'm increasing my holdings by 2,000 shares, and I will reap the massive profits ahead.  I'm expecting a record-setting fourth quarter.  As was mentioned on AST, no mere mortal could defeat the extreme boredumm two-fer of Owen/Henry Owings.  My love is long, my love is long, my love is long, my love is long ... I'm giving The Best Show a BUY rating.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 10:23:28 PM »
Yeah, exactly, when you own a stock that you love and it gets ruffed up a little bit, what do you do?  YOU BUY. 

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 12:39:22 AM »
As long as Tom shows up, an "L" is not possible.

The riff on "Mad TV" cracked me up.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 06:37:17 PM »
The worst best show still trumps 99.9875% of all other radio.

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 08:34:29 PM »
Bob was probably my favourite caller of all time... there was so much going on.

The laughs were like bam-bam-bam.
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

SpaceBootz

• Policemans heel
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 05:02:22 PM »
I know I'm a bit late on this but I just listened to the podcast over the weekend. I had to post to add that the Bob call-in was one of the best bits I've heard in a long time. I loved it. The whole 'pre-recorded tape thing' was hilarious--I only wish we got to hear more of them..