Author Topic: _______ Should Be Banned And Erased From Best Show History  (Read 18170 times)

John Junk

_______ Should Be Banned And Erased From Best Show History
« on: August 09, 2007, 04:01:17 PM »
There, I said it.  Am I a mindless minion of Scharpling?  Maybe.  But seriously, L for Lunatic is right.  Doubtless someone will rush in to defend this ghoul.  I don't care if he pledges sixteen mouse pledges a year. I don't care if his heart is made of gold; his brain is made of turd. _______ has got to go.  I didn't even HEAR the crap he was spouting two weeks ago until much later.  I tuned in just after his tirade. I re-listened to the podcast and was like "HOLY MOLY".  I'm surprised Tom was even able to finish the show without eating a roll of paper towels.  _____ was just spitting hate in the worst possible hater fashion, reminiscing about the good old days that were, like, two years ago--? No wonder Tom took the week off!  If I was Tom I would literally be afraid of this guy.  I propose a ban on He Who Shall Not Be Named.  Seriously, he's unhinged.  He's WAY too invested in the show, he's gotten seriously bitter and creepy in the last few years.  Half the time he sounds like he's wasted.  A couple of years ago he flipped out in a similar way, but then the conversation ended on a somewhat civil note, but no longer.  He even called the FOT a bunch of elves.  I don't know about you, HWSNBN, but I signed a pledge to "Honor Tom", and that is not something I take lightly.  If you can't understand the gravity of this pledge, I pity you.  Good day, Sir.

... I said Good Day!

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Captain Jack Should Be Banned
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
I was thinking about making a thread like this.  I can't stand this guy.

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 04:37:28 PM »
The test will be if Jason has turned on him. I think he was the only remaining fan.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 04:59:49 PM »
I'm anti-______ but pro-_____ ____ phone call, if that makes sense.
I just enjoy hearing Tom berate the haters; it always cracks me up.

As for people talking smack about FOT - meh...  What's the rap on us again?  That we really admire Tom?  I don't feel especially stigmatized by that.

LostInReno

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 05:04:43 PM »
This is a tough one. But I am gonna vote for the banning of Captain Jack. He has run his course.
He is just a little too crazy and he totally mocked the board.
Wait... whuuuuuuuuuut?

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 05:17:32 PM »
ummm i actually thought his call was really funny last week. especially because tom let him rant and rave and then the guy didn't know what to do with himself.

made me giggle to him say "are you still there?" and when it was clear tom hadn't hung up on him, he really didn't have much else to say.

silly captain jack.
from the land of pleasant living

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 05:21:14 PM »
He is just a little too crazy and he totally mocked the board.

This is beyond the pale!  I mean, the thought of harm being visited upon Tom is distasteful and all, but we must not be made mock of by a faux-nautical miscreant.

John Junk

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »
I can't speak for Tom, but let me flesh my P.O.V. out a little more...

I've had people come at me the way Capt. Jack did to Tom the other night, and in a sense they are ridiculous, and a witty person can always find a way of making that person look stupid (because of course the whole situation is stupid), especially if it's something over the radio, but I actually didn't think that call was funny at all.  When people come at you like that, it's not really a joke.  Capt. Jack is acting like a Wurster character, except (persona aside) he's a real guy who is genuinely angry at Tom for no good reason.  When you're trying to do what you do, and someone comes and takes a dump on all of it just out of spite, and because they've got some demented idea about who you are and how you should be, it just makes you want to forget the whole thing.  I'm sure Tom is over it by now, if it ever even got him down in the first place, but as a listener, I just wanted to voice my opinion on this matter. 

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 06:31:03 PM »
I think he's hilarious. His voice, and the way he shoots into a monologue as soon as Tom says "you're on the air". Stuff he says is nuts. I'm missing his backstory, but he said something a few weeks back that made me think he and Tom have met. That just makes it funnier to me, thinking that Tom actually knows what this guy looks like and how he really talks. Do you people know who he is?!

Haven't heard this week's show yet, so I hope I amn't standing behind someone who just said something awful or anything.
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

Ason

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 09:10:33 PM »
I think he's hilarious. His voice, and the way he shoots into a monologue as soon as Tom says "you're on the air". Stuff he says is nuts. I'm missing his backstory, but he said something a few weeks back that made me think he and Tom have met. That just makes it funnier to me, thinking that Tom actually knows what this guy looks like and how he really talks. Do you people know who he is?!

Haven't heard this week's show yet, so I hope I amn't standing behind someone who just said something awful or anything.

These guys know the show more than me
but Capt. Jack was in the studio for the (I think) '05 pledge week
doing shots for pledges. I'm not sure exactly what happend
but from what I heard it turned a 'lil physical.
"A woman suspects that her daughter's imaginary friend is a ghost haunting their new home"

______http://www.myspace.com/franktherobottank________

tommert

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 03:11:35 AM »
i like captain jack :D

Sarah

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 06:57:31 AM »

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 07:06:08 AM »
I'm with Junk.

Laurie

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 08:05:10 AM »
i like captain jack :D

You would. Captain Jack, as a person, is an L. I don't care if he gives a Y3K pledge. He makes all of his donations in Pieces of Eight, and let me tell you, those things look phony.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 08:48:46 AM »
First they came for Captain Jack, and I said nothing.....