Author Topic: Say it isn't so!  (Read 7754 times)

Laurie

Say it isn't so!
« on: August 15, 2007, 06:48:04 AM »
Please, Tom, tell me it's not over! If it is, I will surely cry. What will PD do with his Tuesday evenings? Smoke pot, probably. August, too. That would be a crying shame.

PS: Skeeter Davis singing "I Can't Believe That It's All Over" played over my iTunes while I was getting ready for work this morning, and I started crying. My disposition is much too weak for this tomfoolery! You heard me! Tomfoolery!

erika

• Space Champion!
Re: Say it isn't so!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:59:51 AM »
I don't even know what to say. Don't go.

Make some changes if you have to, but don't go. You put something good into the world.

I'm dead serious.
from the land of pleasant living

christine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
I'm just saying, if all the locals wanted to start making a habit of hanging around the WFMU parking lot with baseball bats on Tuesday nights, I would be up for that. 

Laurie

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:25:10 AM »
Where will I go if it's over? Acrowars? A Special Thing Dot Com? Guys Doing Things Grandma Would Not Approve Dot Biz? I am at a loss!  ???

John Junk

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 11:44:05 AM »
Like I said on the chat, It's time for the FOT to militarize and become Scharpling's Army once and for all.  We will smoke the FWD's out of their holes.  Or at least provide station security. 

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 11:46:38 AM »
I didn't listen to the whole archive and couldn't listen last night, but did FOT's call in after the fish debacle?

I agree that this is war, and I will fight to the death, but I'm afraid it's too late...

Laurie

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 11:48:23 AM »
Yes, a couple chatters did. Teddy Rockstar, I was only kidding about the Miata-load of cash and the swimming pool filled with money. You know I love you.

John Junk

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 11:53:46 AM »
That was an excellent call btw, Filthy Laurie!  Lost In Reno called right after.  I called and talked to Mike during the Miles DAvis thing and reported back to the chat with emergency information straight from the Associate Producer's mouth.  Dave From Knoxville called, of course.  I can't remember who else offhand.  Someone named James who thankfully didn't say "You got James'd".

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 12:07:03 PM »
That was an excellent call btw, Filthy Laurie!  Lost In Reno called right after.  I called and talked to Mike during the Miles DAvis thing and reported back to the chat with emergency information straight from the Associate Producer's mouth.  Dave From Knoxville called, of course.  I can't remember who else offhand.  Someone named James who thankfully didn't say "You got James'd".

TJJ> What was the emergency info?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 12:12:48 PM »
Wow. This episode sounds like a nightmare. Part of me is glad I wasn't able to listen, but the other part of me feels really awful for missing my first live show in 3 months... I almost went to Panera (where I can get wireless -- my LAN connection/card is kaput but I can still get wireless) but I just figured I could wait until this AM to listen.

Oy vey.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 12:15:18 PM »
I appreciated being in the (new!) chat last night, for the camaraderie, even if most of what I said was to the effect of "we were right all along", to JJ.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 12:16:47 PM »
2007 has been a great year, remember the string of Ws? As Tom has said before, this is the wrong place for a team going into the championship tournament, you need to remember what it feels like to lose again. So there were a few close games, maybe a couple of Ls, but last night was Ball State beating North Carolina, a dirty play by the other team injuring the star player -- but the season ain't over! GOOD GUYS WILL WIN. Upsets might happen in the first few rounds, but by the Final Four the real talent comes up -- someone get Seth Galifianakis on the phone for a halftime peptalk, get Teddy Rockstar to call in from tour from his gold-plated Miata, get Associate Producer Mike a taser, and get the FOTs to chip in $5 each for Carl Withers to stand outside each week.

Seriously, a 3-hour weekly show is an unbelievable feat. Check the archives, late summer is always a rough time, but the bus can get back on the road!

Tdibble

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 12:53:24 PM »
I tuned in late last night, called for the first time ever. Had a nice call that ended with a positive "heeh". I didn't feed into the whole bad vibe because I didn't know about the fish thing until this morning. I hope I can call again in the future, Good Guys do win, Tom.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John Junk

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 01:24:37 PM »
I just relayed what Mike told me during the 20 minutes of Pangea: basically, that Tom is coming back, and that the fish is very ugly.  Vital info!

LostInReno

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 03:33:46 PM »
I just relayed what Mike told me during the 20 minutes of Pangea: basically, that Tom is coming back, and that the fish is very ugly.  Vital info!

Toms coming back?! The world does make sense again.

Wait... whuuuuuuuuuut?