Author Topic: Say it isn't so!  (Read 7741 times)

John Junk

Re: Say it isn't so!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 04:10:21 PM »
Well.... I mean he told me he was coming back during the show... like while Pangea was playing... to finish that (last night's) show. In other words, when Tom threw on the Miles Davis, I called in going "No more show tonight?" and Mike said "No, Tom'll finish the show, he's just busy" or some such.  Actually he told me he was patrolling the block with a baseball bat and a can of mase.  No he didn't.

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 04:11:29 PM »
2007 has been a great year, remember the string of Ws? As Tom has said before, this is the wrong place for a team going into the championship tournament, you need to remember what it feels like to lose again. So there were a few close games, maybe a couple of Ls, but last night was Ball State beating North Carolina, a dirty play by the other team injuring the star player -- but the season ain't over! GOOD GUYS WILL WIN. Upsets might happen in the first few rounds, but by the Final Four the real talent comes up -- someone get Seth Galifianakis on the phone for a halftime peptalk, get Teddy Rockstar to call in from tour from his gold-plated Miata, get Associate Producer Mike a taser, and get the FOTs to chip in $5 each for Carl Withers to stand outside each week.

Seriously, a 3-hour weekly show is an unbelievable feat. Check the archives, late summer is always a rough time, but the bus can get back on the road!
Is Carl Withers related to Bill Withers?  If so, maybe one week while he's there, Carl can get Bill to sing "Ain't no Sunshine" to Tom. Let him know how we all feel. Then the next week, a little "Lean on Me".

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 05:12:24 PM »
Actually he told me he was patrolling the block with a baseball bat and a can of mase. No he didn't. 

Not a bad idea, though.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 06:15:23 PM »
I knew something was up when I tuned in and heard that Miles Davis screeching that went on for God knows how long.  Tom had long issued the threat of playing Miles Davis if the show went off the rails -- so it was a clue that something major had gone down.  It reminded me of how a state broadcasting station in a communist country would play dirges over the air, without actually reporting the event, whenever somebody important died.  I suspected that there were no actual fatalities in this case, however, which was fortunately true.

God Stewart

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 08:28:14 AM »
It figures this would happen immediately following my most successful call to the show ever. Therefore: I am bad luck and I'm banishing myself from the air. [Cue sour notes on trombone]

joshua

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 12:33:50 PM »
Tom will soon be gone.

Some things I know and some things I don't.
PlasticWig on twitter.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 01:14:28 PM »
Tom will soon be gone.
Some things I know and some things I don't.

I got my eye on you.