Author Topic: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board  (Read 200236 times)

yesno

• Space Champion!
Re: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »
Sounds pretty cool, Crimestick.  I wish half of the mp3 bloggers would podcast.  Peel works pretty well, but it strips the songs of their context.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2008, 12:40:52 PM »
Here's the info for my LA debut:

The Theater @ Boston Court
70 North Mentor Avenue
Pasadena, CA

West Coast Premiere by Jason Grote
directed by Michael Michetti
May 10 - June 8, 2008
Wandering through a deserted New York City subway tunnel in a hallucinogenic daze, urbanite Alan emerges from the dark to encounter a one-eyed Middle-Eastern merchant in ancient Baghdad… So goes this hilarious and heartbreaking retelling of The Tales of the Thousand and One Nights which spins stories of love, sex, religion and war – some things never go out of style.

Buy tickets here, PM me if you're broke and you want me to try and get you a comp.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2008, 02:41:18 PM »
Grote, Your tickets are selling out all over the place!

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2008, 03:19:44 PM »
Thanks, buddy!  Things are going pretty well.  I wish I had chosen something more lucrative, or that more people were into - sometimes when I say "I'm a playwright," I feel like I'm saying "I repair pocket watches" - but things are going well. 

I might have some other big FOT-related playwriting news but I don't wanna jinx it.  Damn, it is hard to keep my mouth shut about this!
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2008, 04:21:52 PM »
Thanks, buddy!  Things are going pretty well.  I wish I had chosen something more lucrative, or that more people were into - sometimes when I say "I'm a playwright," I feel like I'm saying "I repair pocket watches" - but things are going well. 

I might have some other big FOT-related playwriting news but I don't wanna jinx it.  Damn, it is hard to keep my mouth shut about this!

You're killing me.

Coloring his vocal chords,
Dorvid

emma

« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2008, 05:18:20 PM »

You sold me the whole seat, but I only need the edge!

Um, as the saying goes.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2008, 11:28:21 AM »
I like that phrase, Emma.  Did you invent that?

emma

« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2008, 11:34:01 AM »
To be honest with you, I have no idea. I really really really hope I did, but at the same time, I think it's a little too awesome for me to have come up with all on my own. It's best when you say it out loud--the voice that goes with it is like that of a monster truck rally announcer type getting wedgied near the end of the sentence.

You know. Like, "We'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the E-UH-DGE" kind of thing.

Sarah

« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »
I'm almost positive that I've heard it before.  But I hope I'm wrong.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2008, 11:39:26 AM »
i've heard it before.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2008, 09:56:05 AM »
In non-JasonGrote related news (congrats on the recent stuff, seriously), if anyone is feeling like voting for a Webby, head on over to http://pv.webbyawards.com/ballot/home and, if you're feeling generous, go to Entertainment - Art and vote for the Richard Serra site. It was created by one guy I work with, and a video I made is on it too, as well as some videos by a guy who does great documentaries. We don't make a lot of scratch around here so prizes are a nice way to convince ourselves that we're worthwhile.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2008, 02:20:28 PM »
Right on, Senor, I like Richard Serra.  And you, so I'll go vote.

emma

« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »
The latest issue of Broken Pencil magazine (www.brokenpencil.com) is out and I am in it not once, but twice! Or actually like seven times--they hired me as a zine reviewer after my story got booted out of the competition, and some of my reviews actually made it in. Which is weird and cool, but also kind of frightening, because I am still only pretending to know how to review things.

I'm pretty sure it isn't sold anywhere in the states (it's not even that easy to find in Canada) but if you want, you can order a copy (or PM me--my mom bought like eighty million of them). You really don't have to, though--the story's still up on their website.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2008, 06:26:27 PM »
Congratulations, Emma!

I hope you'll be writing something for the Fan Fiction contest. 
(So far, it's Turk-182ing.)

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2008, 12:11:36 AM »
why is it 'playwright' and not 'playwrite'?  i'm not trying to be a jerk here just curious about the etymology of the word, and my half assed attempt at research via wikipedia didn't give me any answers.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.