Author Topic: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board  (Read 198852 times)

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
Re: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board
« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »
Sounds awesome, Jon, I'll check it out.  You know I'm looking for that sort of thing these days.

Here's two minutes about my latest play on the UT radio station.  I wholeheartedly approve of the interstitial music:

http://kut.org/items/show/12919
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2008, 03:31:47 PM »
"Well not this right here. This is %#$% boring." 

That is GREAT!

The guitar in "Lunatic Fringe" has always worked for me. I wholeheartedly approve as well!
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2008, 04:38:57 PM »
Thanks!  It's always risky writing boredom into a play (on purpose), but mayhem starts soon after that part, so all is good.

I too dig "Lunatic Fringe."  Whatever happened to Red Ryder?  Maybe I'll IMDB them.

Oh, PS, whoever wanted to know how my name is pronounced, click away.  And PPS, I apologize for saying "well-oiled machine," which I wanted to inhale back in the moment it came out.  Surely that one belongs in the bad phrases thread.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

henry

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2008, 06:51:26 PM »
here is a little plugging on the board...
if you go to the art institute of chicago, you can see an installation i worked on. i made the wrigley stadium in the mario ybarra jr show in the contemporary wing. and in july there will be a house i'm fabricating in the hyde park arts center. you should go see them.

MC Steinberg

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2008, 04:14:23 PM »

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2008, 04:38:02 PM »
I lived on Courtlandt Street when I was 4 years old.  Even then it looked misspelled.

I got this here thing coming up in DC, DC FOT (by the way, I didn't write this, it's ad copy, just so everyone knows):

Pay-What -You-Can Previews for This Storm is What We Call Progress

It has all been leading up to this. Rorschach's Exile begins this Thursday Night, June 19th at 8pm. Previews continue Friday and Saturday nights at 8pm.

Here are four great reasons to join Rorschach in Exile:

1. The work of exciting new playwright Jason Grote. This is the DC debut of one of America's newest and freshest theatre voices and he is making it with DC's most exciting young theatre company.

2. Rorschach Co-Artistic Director and the acclaimed director of such Rorschach hits as The Arabian Night and The Master and Margarita, Jenny McConnell Frederick, kicks off our summer season with another sexy, moving and terrifically staged play that explores the world of magic, love and obsession.

3. See the return of Rorschach Theatre Company Member Karl Miller. One of DC's most critically acclaimed and talented young actors who wowed Rorschach audiences in The Lord of the Flies and Accidental Death of an Anarchist.

4. The Davis Center for the Performing Arts at Georgetown University. This new state of the art performing arts center which will play host to all three of Rorschach's summer shows. And best of all you can enjoy it all in a climate controlled space. That's right air conditioning.

Performing in the DEVINE THEATRE
at the Davis Center Performing Arts Center
at Georgetown University

June 22- July 20

PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN PREVIEWS
ARE JUNE 19, 20 and 21 at 8pm:
There are no reservations for the previews.
Tickets can be purchased at the theatre
starting one hour before the show begins.

Call 1-800-494-TIXS
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS FOR THE REST OF THE RUN!
$20 full price / $12 for students and seniors

www.rorschachtheatre.com

and for more updates about all the excitement that is making its way to the stages in Georgetown, visit The Rorschach Blog.

DETAILED DIRECTIONS ARE AVAILABLE HERE!

DIRECTOR: Jenny McConnell Frederick
FEATURING: Sara Barker, Rena Cherry Brown and Karl Miller
DESIGNED BY: Robbie Hayes (Set), David C. Ghatan (Lights), Franklin Labovitz (Costumes), Matthew Frederick (Sound), Francoise Bastien (Props)
FIGHT CHOREOGRAPHY: Casey Kaleba
STAGE MANAGED BY: Kyle Jean Fisher and Alex Aki (Asst. SM)
PRODUCED BY:Jenny McConnell Frederick and Randy Baker
David C. Ghatan (Assoc. Producer), Debra Kim Sivigny (Assoc. Producer), Catherine Tripp (Assoc. Producer)
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION: Hannah Crowell (Assistant Set Designer), Tracy Wertheimer (Assistant Lighting Designer), Jon Reynolds (Technical Director), Brian S. Allard (Master Electrician)

Petey

« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2008, 02:25:16 PM »
shouldnt this thread be made sticky or whatever

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »
It gets bumped a lot.

MC Steinberg

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2008, 05:04:14 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D9-Hl1qHtE[/youtube]
FRANKENSTEINBERG

dania

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2008, 11:45:04 PM »
BIRD NAMES are on tour again!!  Check their myspace page for dates
www.myspace.com/birdnames

You can also type the word birdnames into the browser thing.  If you haven't heard them yet, the song "Space Elevator" is more than worth checking out. 

If yer on the west coast, go support an amazing band and live

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2008, 12:53:21 AM »
Too late!

I missed them. 
Bummer.

Man Machine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2008, 12:16:04 AM »
here is a little plugging on the board...
if you go to the art institute of chicago, you can see an installation i worked on. i made the wrigley stadium in the mario ybarra jr show in the contemporary wing. and in july there will be a house i'm fabricating in the hyde park arts center. you should go see them.
What's the date at HPAC? I'm in Hyde Park and I'll check it out!

courtney

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2008, 12:40:27 AM »
I guess, uh, if anyone on this board happens to live in Omaha, NE (or Council Bluffs, IA) I'd rather enjoy it if you wandered down to the Waiting Room this Saturday (June 28th). My band Pharmacy Spirits (myspace.com/pharmacyspirits) will be providing the entertainment before the illustrious Broken Spindles (Joel from The Faint) takes the stage. 

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #178 on: June 27, 2008, 07:20:28 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D9-Hl1qHtE[/youtube]
FRANKENSTEINBERG

Who knew Mo Rocca could rap?

He's no L'il Wyclef, though.

Son of Dorvid

« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »
So I got hired to tape and edit a play last week, a brand new awful "play for teens" which I shon't name. It's unpublished and being performed as some kind of educational thing, so apparently copyright laws and laws of decency don't apply.

It was a huge cast of around 30, everyone between 11 and 17 years old, and over the course of one hour play there was:

- a reference to truck nutz
- a lot of frighteningly realistic stage combat
- about 500 reasons for the playwright to get sued by the authors of A Greater Tuna
- the Carlos Mencia "retarded" noise
- Unauthorized songs by Alabama, Pat Benetar, and Elvis.
- a LOT of questionable costume choices by the girls.
- a ventriloquist act
- the phrase "Git 'R Done"

God help me it's all true.  Being an editor sucks when the material is this depressing. 
I need the money. (don't judge)