Author Topic: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board  (Read 198845 times)

John Junk 2.0

Re: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board
« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2008, 03:41:58 PM »
Woah, awesome.  I hear you get a quarter every time someone links to you on the internet!  Is this true??

No, but now that your real name is on the internet, the FOTchaners are outside of your house, masturbating in your bushes.

LOL

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #316 on: November 11, 2008, 04:52:52 AM »
I'll be on the air this Wednesday from 10 to noon on WMBR 88.1 FM's Late Risers' Club http://www.laterisersclub.org trying to drum up the dough during the last day of our annual week-long fundraiser. I produced the show for eight years and continue to be involved as a deejay for this five-day underground rock program that is now in it's 31st year of existence. Like WFMU, none of us have been paid a cent for our efforts, and while we get space and some support from MIT, our ongoing presence on the airwaves depends largely on listener support.

If you feel like chipping in, tune in and call 617 253-8810 and make a pledge. For info on thank-you premiums, pledging on-line, etc., go to http://wmbr.org/fundraising2008.php

Non-greater-Boston-area-FOTs can tune in online via WMBR's homepage: Program schedules, concert listings, and program archives can also be found there.

Thanks!

- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

theyellowchair

« Reply #317 on: November 11, 2008, 11:45:44 PM »

emma

« Reply #318 on: November 27, 2008, 10:52:58 PM »
On Dec. 6th I'm doing a short reading as part of Canstage's annual festival of new plays at the Berkeley St. theatre. So if there are any Toronto FOTs who need something to do on a Saturday night and would settle for watching me mumble some stuff after a bunch of really insanely talented playwrights read from their new works (or if there is anyone who wants to heckle me during the Q and A afterwards) then this is an evening pretty much tailor-made for you.

I always feel awkward posting in this thread, but I think I do a really really good job of covering it up. Right? Right? People?

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2008, 10:57:03 PM »
On Dec. 6th I'm doing a short reading as part of Canstage's annual festival of new plays at the Berkeley St. theatre. So if there are any Toronto FOTs who need something to do on a Saturday night and would settle for watching me mumble some stuff after a bunch of really insanely talented playwrights read from their new works (or if there is anyone who wants to heckle me during the Q and A afterwards) then this is an evening pretty much tailor-made for you.

I always feel awkward posting in this thread, but I think I do a really really good job of covering it up. Right? Right? People?

I will be in the front row screaming epithets during the Q and A.

Good luck, Emma!

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

MC Steinberg

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #320 on: November 29, 2008, 04:40:40 AM »

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2008, 11:09:18 PM »
I've started selling my art on the internet:

Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2008, 10:06:10 AM »
Hey Andy - I can never tell when you're kidding, but if you're really selling items with the above slogans needlepointed on 'em, there's a good chance I'd buy them. Link, please!

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #323 on: December 03, 2008, 11:48:29 AM »
I'm really just doing them for gifts for my friends and family (and with my skill level I would feel bad charging), but I do know that in the past SwissMiss has been known to offer her needlepoint skills for hire.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #324 on: December 04, 2008, 01:15:33 PM »
Break a leg, Emma!  A reading at Canstage is pretty goddamn impressive for a high school student.  If I wasn't American I'd be jealous.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #325 on: December 04, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »
Oh yeah, this doesn't really count as an extracurricular activity, as I was obliviously walking through a parking lot when it happened, but I got mentioned on the Leonard Lopate show on WNYC.  Between minute 7 and minute 10 if you don't want to listen to a lot of talk about theater:

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/episodes/2008/11/26/segments/116706

(I can't figure out how to embed it, sorry)
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

emma

« Reply #326 on: December 04, 2008, 09:19:31 PM »
Break a leg, Emma!  A reading at Canstage is pretty goddamn impressive for a high school student.  If I wasn't American I'd be jealous.

Hey thank you!

I am not at all nervous and i probably won't mess up or say anything dumb at all through the whole thing.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #327 on: December 04, 2008, 09:43:35 PM »
I'm really just doing them for gifts for my friends and family (and with my skill level I would feel bad charging), but I do know that in the past SwissMiss has been known to offer her needlepoint skills for hire.

Andy, that "cows" one made me crack up. And I love that it is in needlepoint.  Seriously, sell 'em online. Word would get around fast.

I want one!
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2008, 10:35:50 AM »

Hey thank you!

I am not at all nervous and i probably won't mess up or say anything dumb at all through the whole thing.

did you participate in/finish this year's NaNoWriMo?

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2008, 11:20:53 AM »
A friend and I have started a band that does goofy live mash-ups of popular songs and I'd be interested to get feedback from my fellow FOTs.

I should mention that we are trying to do this anonymously, for various reasons.  You're kinda in on the secret now.  So keep it on the D.L. Hughley.

Also, I know how Tom feels about novelty music.  Hopefully, he will not frown upon such ridiculousness landing on the board.

Anyblah, you can listen to the songs here...
www.myspace.com/sunshinebryan

And, because I like to brag, you can read some recent press here...
blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2008/10/the_freaks_come_out_early_this.php

...here...
www.quickdfw.com/sharedcontent/dws/quick/localmusic/linernotes/stories/DN-music--linernotes_1127ick.ART.State.Edition1.4a8b2b3.html

...and you can hear our latest hit single here...
nightlifeblog.quickdfw.com/archives/2008/12/a-new-track-from-sunshine-brya.html

I hope ya dig it!