Author Topic: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board  (Read 198713 times)

erechoveraker

Re: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board
« Reply #330 on: December 05, 2008, 11:23:18 AM »
Andy, that "cows" one made me crack up. And I love that it is in needlepoint.  Seriously, sell 'em online. Word would get around fast.

I want one!

qft. I would lay my head on a cowfucking pillow for sure. Or really anything that has to do with cowfucking actually. Sell!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #331 on: December 05, 2008, 11:37:11 AM »
A friend and I have started a band that does goofy live mash-ups of popular songs and I'd be interested to get feedback from my fellow FOTs.

I should mention that we are trying to do this anonymously, for various reasons.  You're kinda in on the secret now.  So keep it on the D.L. Hughley.

Also, I know how Tom feels about novelty music.  Hopefully, he will not frown upon such ridiculousness landing on the board.

Anyblah, you can listen to the songs here...
www.myspace.com/sunshinebryan

And, because I like to brag, you can read some recent press here...
blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2008/10/the_freaks_come_out_early_this.php

...here...
www.quickdfw.com/sharedcontent/dws/quick/localmusic/linernotes/stories/DN-music--linernotes_1127ick.ART.State.Edition1.4a8b2b3.html

...and you can hear our latest hit single here...
nightlifeblog.quickdfw.com/archives/2008/12/a-new-track-from-sunshine-brya.html

I hope ya dig it!

i dig it. 

Josh Fenderman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #332 on: December 05, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »
I'm really just doing them for gifts for my friends and family (and with my skill level I would feel bad charging)

That's why God made Etsy: http://www.etsy.com

dania

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #333 on: December 07, 2008, 07:08:25 PM »
 ROCK SHOW IN BROOKLYN TUESDAY NIGHT!!!

ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS EVER, SKOAL KODIAK, IS PLAYING AT
DEATH BY AUDIO. 
49 S. 2ND ST
BROOKLYN
9PM -ISH

THEY ARE SERIOUSLY THE BEST LIVE BAND I'VE EVER SEEN.  EVER !!!  and i've seen lots of shows guys...
PURRICANE MIGHT BE PLAYING ALSO, BUT I'M UNSURE.  WE MIGHT GET THROWN ON THE BILL LAST MINUTE. 

I WILL, HOWEVER, BE AT THE SHOW NONETHELESS.  HOPE TO MEET SOME FOTS

also, we are playing tonight at Glasslands, but it's short notice so I don't expect anyone to be able to show up.  It starts at 9pm at 289 Kent in Brooklyn
Maybe I'll see some of yez there..???
COOL

BLE!!

dania

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #334 on: December 09, 2008, 01:18:38 AM »
k, so purricane IS playing tuesday night!!!  I know, tbsowfmu is on, but this show will be death-defyingly fantastic! 

Death By Audio is located at
49 S. 2nd St. 
Brooklyn, NY

{{zip code available on maps.google.com}}

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #335 on: December 09, 2008, 02:18:38 AM »
Hey Junk, isn't there some exciting news about a certain band you're in?

Something reminded me of Ponce De Leon tonight and I decided to check out the Myspace page.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #336 on: December 09, 2008, 02:26:30 AM »
Oh yeah, well my band Future America is playing tomorrow at the Hyperion Tavern, if that's what you mean.  And it's free.  That's at 1941 Hyperion Ave. in Los Angeles.

Or perhaps you're talking about Ponce De Leon having a song on the "Skate 2" soundtrack, a video game I have never played and have no concept of the popularity/coolness of?  That's kinda exciting. It's on the XBox and shit.   I got a decent amount of money for it that I threw into the maw of our brand new used matrix that we had to pay entirely up front!  It really helped, though.  Thank you, Skate 2!!  Too much information in this post.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #337 on: December 09, 2008, 07:46:08 AM »
I got a mention in our nation's biggest newspaper, DN, today. Only a passing reference, but still.

Come on, Jason

« Reply #338 on: December 09, 2008, 10:04:45 AM »
I got a mention in our nation's biggest newspaper, DN, today. Only a passing reference, but still.

Deez Nuts?

Come on, Jason

« Reply #339 on: December 09, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »
I'm ashamed.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #340 on: December 09, 2008, 10:52:38 AM »
And correct!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #341 on: December 09, 2008, 11:00:10 AM »
admittedly, this is not my band, however, i am unabashedly prideful in memphis music+FOTs:

JUMP BACK JAKE
CD Release Party @ Hi-Tone Cafe
9 pm, $5

if you live in the mid-south tri-state area, come on down!  

*note: ive been to many a hi-tone show that advertises $5 but charges $8 or $10 at the door.  prepare for this; it's always worth it so dont whine.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #342 on: December 09, 2008, 02:50:53 PM »

Or perhaps you're talking about Ponce De Leon having a song on the "Skate 2" soundtrack, a video game I have never played and have no concept of the popularity/coolness of?  That's kinda exciting. It's on the XBox and shit.   I got a decent amount of money for it that I threw into the maw of our brand new used matrix that we had to pay entirely up front!  It really helped, though.  Thank you, Skate 2!!  Too much information in this post.

I think that's really exciting! It's not Tony Hawk but it's still a pretty big game put out by EA and that's going to give you a ton of exposure. I say congratulations! From Smash or Trash to big budget video game.... or would the other way around be the greater honor?

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #343 on: December 09, 2008, 08:32:46 PM »
So... I'm gonna be in New York all alone for a few days just before Xmas, mainly to attend the Monday and Tuesday night YLT Hannukah shows before continuing on to Halifax to see my parents.

Are any of you NY-area FOTs interested in meeting up at the UCB that Sunday (the 21st)? I'm dying to go and that night is my only chance, but something about being at a comedy show alone seems kind of (extremely) sad.

I swear I'm nice and not creepy in person, and I'll buy you a ticket and a beer.

Any takers can email me directly at geoffreymiller@hotmail.com

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #344 on: December 12, 2008, 02:00:12 PM »
I'm doing a radio show today from 4 to 6 PM on www.thecore.fm or 90.3 if you're in the Piscataway area.  good stuff planned.