Author Topic: You Cant Top The Best Show...  (Read 10644 times)

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
Re: You Cant Top The Best Show...
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2007, 12:41:05 AM »
It was a great show.  First one I've ever listened to in real time.  I was going to call, but I chickened out (it wasn't me who got GOMP'ed but a Rutgers student who shares my last name - I haven't set foot in the court Tavern since 1995 or so). 

I meant first name.  (!)
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2007, 07:16:41 AM »
Damnation! My son had the computer all night to write a paper, and when I gave it up to him early in the proceedings Tom was on a different topic. I was already for "things you should know about but don't" and he threw some "take it or leave it" thing at me. A couple more bonehead moves like that, and I will be another wounded ex-supercaller lying on the side of the road. I can't wait to waste the entire workday shirking my responsibilities and listening to the archives, though.

Laurie

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 08:05:15 AM »
I wanted to take roller boogie and leave strip cardio -- especially the advanced pole dancing class, "Turning Tricks." NOT COOL.

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 10:27:06 AM »
Strip cardio?!? You could sell tickets.

TL

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2007, 10:51:34 AM »
I wanted to take roller boogie and leave strip cardio -- especially the advanced pole dancing class, "Turning Tricks." NOT COOL.

I get the feeling that ONLY in Miami do people even have this particular choice.
Am I wrong?
Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

Laurie

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2007, 11:02:23 AM »

I get the feeling that ONLY in Miami do people even have this particular choice.
Am I wrong?

Yes! You are.

Crunch Gym has stiletto workouts (great for the calves), a class with a Dominatrix trainer that will whip you into shape, pole dancing, and advanced strip cardio (turning tricks). They also have "Abs'solutely Hysterical," an ab-sculpting class taught by a comedian, dodgeball, spinning classes where you "ride" the movies, and all sorts of crap like that. In New York, the Pontani Sisters teach Go Go Robics. I have their workout DVDs -- lots of fun, and a good, sweaty workout. I do the workout in my I. Miller go go boots.

Crunch is in Miami, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and a couple other places I think.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2007, 11:12:55 AM »
Strip cardio?!? You could sell tickets.

Actually, I was going to say, "that depends on who's in the class" but then I remembered the Internet taught me that there is nothing so strange, and no one so ugly, that SOMEONE doesn't want to see it/them.  So I retract my thought.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

TL

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2007, 11:14:46 AM »

Am I wrong?

Yes! You are.

Word.
I stand corrected!

Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

Sarah

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2007, 11:24:30 AM »
I wish you hadn't been, TL.  It would comfort me to know all this was limited to place.

Lately, I've been annoyed by all people who exercise just for the sake of exercise.  I know this is unreasonable, but I've been seeing too many smug turisti jogging past my window this summer.  The thought of this same crew gyrating and contorting self-consciously to stripper music makes me want to kill myself.

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2007, 12:14:58 PM »
I believe that Carmen Electra has some sort of stripping workout video. Or the Pussycat Dolls.

Sarah, what do you mean by people who exercise just for the sake of exercise? I don't think most people exercise because that love it, but they think they should.

KickTheBobo

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2007, 12:52:49 PM »
hey I'm all for being healthy and stuff, but this whole shift away from substance and towards surface really burns me up. At least I know this: in 50 years, all those gym rats bodies are gonna be lumpy, broken sacks of crap, just like everyone else's. There's this gym in NYC that was started by this douche David Barton, who used to have the slogan "Look Better Naked", which was totally annoying.

So if I spend 15 hours a week in the gym, I too can become a tasty treat to succubi?

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2007, 01:16:01 PM »
What about John Basedow? Fitness made simple! He's gonna show you how!

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2007, 01:18:29 PM »
I think he's showing me a little too much in that pic.
from the land of pleasant living

Sarah

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »
Sarah, what do you mean by people who exercise just for the sake of exercise? I don't think most people exercise because that love it, but they think they should.

Okay, let me see if I can explain what I mean here.  I'm talking about people who never do a lick of manual labor, never break a sweat except by choice (exaggeration, I know, but keep in mind this is all heat-of-the-moment stuff fueled by my hatred of the summertime invaders), blessed with enough leisure and wealth that they can spend a significant amount of time and money shedding fat and building muscle just so they look good--all, of course, to the accompaniment of whatever is piping into their ears from the iPods carefully clipped to their waistbands--but who will drive two blocks to go to a store rather than using their feet to propel them, who will hire locals--for pittances--to do all the heavier work maintaining their properties (except of course for fun stuff like chainsawing trees and such), who whine because to eat healthily around here they actually have to cook their own food rather than popping over to some restaurant or takeout joint that will meet all their myriad dietary requirements, who would rather use a gym to stay trim than do even a speck of the rougher stuff of daily life that burns calories just as effectively and more constructively.

Again, I know I'm being unfair.  My excuse is that it's late August, and it's time for Lubec to belong to the Lubeckers again.

Laurie

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2007, 02:05:24 PM »
What about John Basedow? Fitness made simple! He's gonna show you how!

I've said this before: John Basedow's face does not match his body. It's unsettling.