Author Topic: College Football....  (Read 44236 times)

Andy

• Space Champion!
Re: College Football....
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 10:40:27 PM »
double whammy tonight
1) no problems with the job
2) OU rolls over the little sisters of the poor

w00t
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 05:39:04 PM »
It's gonna be a good year boys.
[youtube=425,350] http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZB7dklEi-r0[/youtube]
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

chrisfoll577

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 05:50:39 PM »
who needs lee corso?

bruce

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 07:29:06 PM »
who needs lee corso?
And boom goes the dynamite

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 07:49:08 PM »
RU Rah Rah Rutgers Rah.

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
Andy, I'm sorry, but did anyone watch the movie last night on ESPN2 about the Boise State- OU game. I forgot about how good that game was.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 01:31:12 PM »
I was so pissed about that game for a while, but we really were outcoached.  It was a great game.
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 01:46:41 PM »
Any game that has either the Statue of Liberty play/fumblerooskie has to be up there, right?

Also awesome, Florida State sucking. Right? I've always hated Bobby Bowden, and I don't know why, but I do.

johnfgillson

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 04:15:57 PM »
I go in cycles with college football. I actually tend to watch it more when the Gophers are really bad because when they are good it frustrates me that there still is virtually no chance to win a national title. When they are bad, I can root for one of the 10-15 schools that were granted a shot at the title before the season started. This year I'm riding the West Virginia bandwagon. I'm not usually a fair weather fan but NCAA football leaves me no choice. I feel really bad for Iowa fans who have nothing but their college sports and get disappointed year after year and really probably don't have a real shot to see their sports teams win a major national title. Of course, you could say the same thing about Minnesota even though we have four major pro teams and our college.... :(

And then you could live in North Dakota which is a whole other bag of sadness...

chrisfoll577

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 04:59:57 PM »
And then you could live in North Dakota which is a whole other bag of sadness...
youre forgetting about college hockey gilly, the fighting sioux are a perennial powerhouse.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 05:34:52 PM »
I thought the Dakota's were filled with Nebraska fans.

as dumb as this sounds, I kind of get sick of rooting for a winner.  I was brought up an OU fan, but sometimes it seems like it's a lose-lose situation.  We beat someone: great, we were supposed to win.  We lose: oh shit, how could we have lost.

Bingo- I'm havin' a time

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 07:31:23 PM »
one thing OU does really well is the production surrounding the game.  check out last year's intro video.  there would be different players every game in the videos

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fqyTl8PzHY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fqyTl8PzHY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[youtube=425,350][/youtube]
apparently I am full of teh fail
Bingo- I'm havin' a time

johnfgillson

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
youre forgetting about college hockey gilly, the fighting sioux are a perennial powerhouse.

Nope, didn't forget about it. If I did I could have said Minnesota has won a title recently. It doesn't count if only 10 schools in the nation actually take it seriously. But even if you do think it's legitimate to claim college hockey dominance (which I think Minnesotans might have more right to), it still is definitely not a major title. I could argue that an NHL championship isn't a major title anymore, but I won't.

I thought the Dakota's were filled with Nebraska fans.

Like I said one big bag of sadness. College hockey and Nebraska sports. Yikes.

chrisfoll577

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2007, 10:27:44 AM »
Nope, didn't forget about it. If I did I could have said Minnesota has won a title recently. It doesn't count if only 10 schools in the nation actually take it seriously. But even if you do think it's legitimate to claim college hockey dominance (which I think Minnesotans might have more right to), it still is definitely not a major title. I could argue that an NHL championship isn't a major title anymore, but I won't.
wait... whuuuuuuuuuuuuuht? you're nuts! (ive always wanted to type that).  a minnesotan disparaging college hockey? i'm a music snob and a book snob, but above all else, i'm a sports snob and the very fact that only a handful of people actually give a s-hit about college hockey actually makes it MORE of a major title to me. on the other hand... when i think about the sadness that is maine or new hampshire hockey here in the east (xxxxl hockey jerseys and mullets)... you might have a point.

oh and a bostonian sports fan i'd like to say thanks to the good people of minnesota for david ortiz, manny fernandez, randy moss and kevin garnett.

johnfgillson

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2007, 10:53:12 PM »
I think in the end the only one that we will always regret is Ortiz. That one sucked and I was a huge Papi fan when he was here in Minnesota. The KG deal had to happen. But it is funny how all of those players ended up in Boston. Have fun with Manny "Guess my latest injury" Fernandez. That guy is weak sauce.

But yeah, I am definitely in the minority here by not caring much about hockey. It's crazy how worked up people get about a sport most of the nation could care less about. It's like Texas football. I do watch the high school tournament on TV since a lot of those kids do actually turn pro. I guess that's the allure of the game here, because you don't see many Minnesotans playing other sports but there are a ton of Minnesota hockey players. So that's cool I guess. It should be interesting this year with Tubby Smith coaching the Gophs if the basketball fans come out of the woodwork. The basketball and football team are still the bread and butter for the U even though they have stunk. The hockey team, no matter how good, always have the same devoted diehard fans but they don't really get the media coverage and don't get that great of TV ratings either. If the basketball team is decent they bring in much more in terms of revenue.