Author Topic: Smash or trash  (Read 4859 times)

johnfgillson

Smash or trash
« on: September 02, 2006, 03:08:38 AM »
I think Smash or Trash has lost its credibility after the last show. Discuss.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Smash or trash
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 04:19:29 AM »
If you dont like a record you hear on Smash or Trash, call up and vote. It's as simple as that.

I gotta say, there's still something about the FOT chat that's bumming me out. I put forth the topic 'Who would star in The Best Show movie?', and got only a few calls at best about it. I thought it was a decent enough topic to get more response than that. But when I glance over at the chat? It's teeming with suggestion after suggestion. None of those casting ideas ever made the air, where the Vast Majority of listeners could've heard them.

If you're not interested in calling, I understand that. I appreciate you listening and being interested enough as to hang out in the chat. But if you have a problem with any participatory aspect of the show, its kinda too bad if you dont pick up the phone and do something about it.

Tom.

johnfgillson

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 02:10:51 PM »
I work Tuesday nights so my only option is the podcast or the archives. I only posted because I was shocked that it was a smash. The callers are going soft serve.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 11:44:40 PM »
Working instead of listening live? Relying on the soon-to-be-discontinued podcast instead of the sturdier internet stream?

Sounds like the soft serve pot calling the soft serve kettle soft serve...

Tom.

johnfgillson

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 11:50:25 PM »
Touche, sir...touche.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 11:58:25 PM »
Tom Tom Tom,

I keep hearing these horribly ominous threats that the podcasts are going away. Sadly, if the podcasts go away, they will take me with them. Surely I am not the only one in this position of having the podcasts as my only real show access. Please keep it, I beseech you,

dave from knoxville

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 11:43:48 AM »
Dave -

The only way to keep the podcast around is for you to do your part and help promote it. The level of production involved in putting it together is just not worth it if we're struggling to get people to subscribe. Tell your friends and neighbors. Get your pastor to announce The Best Show podcast from the pulpit this Sunday. Whatever it takes, son. Whatever it takes.

Tom.

Fido

• Space Champion!
The Khrushchev doctrine of the Best Show
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 01:29:59 PM »
This show is top shelf.  No doubt about it. 

The FOT community does not shrink.  It only grows and expands.  FOTs must do whatever it takes to make that happen.

G. Lynn

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 12:42:46 AM »
Dave -

The only way to keep the podcast around is for you to do your part and help promote it. The level of production involved in putting it together is just not worth it if we're struggling to get people to subscribe. Tell your friends and neighbors. Get your pastor to announce The Best Show podcast from the pulpit this Sunday. Whatever it takes, son. Whatever it takes.

Tom.

Tom -

I've touted the podcast to several friends personally and as a blanket entreaty/threat on the Guided by Voices-Robert Pollard bulletin board.  Fingers crossed some people get a clue, but please keep it up in the meantime for those of us in the hinterlands who would be Best Show-less otherwise.

The Lonesome Fan in Oklahoma

PS: My mom's a big old school fan of Neil's Porcupine Pie, so thanks for Keeping the Sparkly Dream Alive

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 12:32:49 PM »
Hi Tom and all,

What's the magic number for podcast subscriptions?

I really liked most of this week's smash or trash song, particularly the slow burn at the end. Only the first second was bad, and it was almost enough to sink the boat.

dave from knoxville