Author Topic: Hey Tom, what was the most embarrassing call when you had a guest?  (Read 3353 times)

scotttsss

• Achilles bursitis
Give me some gossip! 

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Hey Tom, what was the most embarrassing call when you had a guest?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:46:15 PM »
Lay off Laurie.

I understand what she was going for, and just because Fred didn't go along didn't mean it wasn't valid. I've heard other SNL alum trash guests - Tina Fey did an amazing tear on Paris Hilton and Adrian Brody last year - but Fred doesn't do that kinda thing.

Laurie, I am with you in this time of crisis. I appreciate you calling every week. Thank you.

When is the last time that Mickey "Scraps" Delacroix called in?

Tom.

scotttsss

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:35:53 PM »
"Scraps" never called in because he doesn't have half the guts Laurie does... 

Of course I agree that Laurie's question was valid, extremely valid and to actually ask it of someone who works on that show validates her more than ever--  but his response (while kind of understandable) made you have to delicately balance your loyalty to your Super FOT and the interviewee sitting next to you, an unenviable task which you pulled off well.    I think he was trying to be nice by explaining why he couldn't answer the question but it made everything worse...    and the mystery snickering in the background...  anyway this thread just brings up negative badness, I won't poison the well that is the best show with any more unfunny thread titles. 

keep calling Laurie, speak comedic truth to power!

Forrest

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 11:43:34 PM »
I can't speak for Tom, but I don't think you should sweat it too hard. EVERYBODY in the FOT turfs out at some point.

Now grow some cajones and call in, will ya? The worst that can happen is a little public humiliation over the airwaves, which is another FOT rite of passage.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 12:24:04 AM »
You know, I finally just finished listening to the podcast, and I was expecting something much worse.  Laurie asked a good question, Fred Armisen deflected it in a classy way that was actually very honest, and Petra Haden teased Laurie a little bit.  Laurie, if you read this thread, I hope your feelings weren't hurt - it really didn't sound like a big thing to me.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Forrest

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 12:30:16 AM »
  Laurie, if you read this thread, I hope your feelings weren't hurt - it really didn't sound like a big thing to me.

I'm fairly certain that everybody loves Laurie.