Author Topic: We Jam Econo  (Read 5428 times)

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
We Jam Econo
« on: September 07, 2006, 09:52:48 PM »
Has anyone seen this? Is it any good?

I'm torn between blowing my monthly DVD budget to buy either the We Jam Econo DVD or the Clerks Collector's edition.

zzok

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: We Jam Econo
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 10:27:54 PM »
We Jam Econo was amazing ! A great documentary with awesome live footage. I saw it  twice . It left me feeling really inspired. I found it a bit touching as well. Mike Watt recalling the first time he met D. Boon choked me up both times.

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 02:26:50 AM »
get we jam econo.. you'll love it. there are some real funny videos and lots of live footage of d. boon jumping around like crazy. it's a must have.

i'd ripped this from the dvd a while ago, my most favorite bit in the entire dvd:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D2B500691250E4D7
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 06:33:40 AM »

I'm torn between blowing my monthly DVD budget to buy either the We Jam Econo DVD or the Clerks Collector's edition.

I vote for We Jam Econo.  Here's a hilarious deleted scene:

http://www.recidivism.org/2006/07/seafood_and_punk_rock_1.html

"All I eat is squid!" -- Mike Watt
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 02:31:11 PM »

Is there some sort of federal law requiring Thurston Moore to appear in EVERY GODDAMNED MUSIC DOCUMENTARY THERE IS?!?

What a camera whore.

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 04:39:15 PM »

Is there some sort of federal law requiring Thurston Moore to appear in EVERY GODDAMNED MUSIC DOCUMENTARY THERE IS?!?

What a camera whore.

Don't let his involvement be the deal-breaker. The filmmakers definitely did some editing for the main feature if it bothers you that much. You'd be cheating yourself if you avoided it for that reason alone.
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 12:32:00 AM »
The show footage + other extras are worth the price of admission, which is good because the movie itself isn't great. It seems like there's a lot of documentaries (We Jam Econo, The Fearless Freaks) and books (The Bad Guys Won) nowadays that either seem like or were in fact made by people who grew up idolizing their docu. subjects.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 03:41:36 PM »
Not only does Thurston Moore appear in every music documentary, he appears in the same spot (sitting in front of a huge record collection). A friend has a theory that he alots one day a week to film crews to interview him in front of his record collection.
See God, Kai