Author Topic: Secret Santa Registration  (Read 54833 times)

Laurie

Re: Secret Santa Registration
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2007, 12:57:10 PM »
Speaking of... when my person gets their present, can they let me know? I mailed it over a week ago and it wasn't going very far...

How will they know it's from you? It's secret! Also, don't open your gifts until Christmas, or Jesus will hate you forever.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007, 01:00:47 PM »
samir

send me your parents adress and i'll forward it.  it may be too late but it might not be.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
Speaking of... when my person gets their present, can they let me know? I mailed it over a week ago and it wasn't going very far...

How will they know it's from you? It's secret! Also, don't open your gifts until Christmas, or Jesus will hate you forever.

nuh uhhhhhh i thought you were sposed to say who it was from on the box. like return addresses and such.

long live secret chanukah fairies!
from the land of pleasant living

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »
Yeah, I identified myself (gave my screen name) inside the package. Were we not supposed to?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Laurie

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2007, 02:11:53 PM »
I don't know. Also, I don't know if my identity was revealed on the packaging, as my mommy sent it for me. I work 10 hour days, and the Pak Mail store does not stay open for me.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 03:08:52 PM »
Man, I thought Erika's post meant we didn't have to be secretive, which makes my life marginally easier.  Anyway, I'll be sending mine out this weekend from the big mega-post office in Manhattan.  A bit late, as I had to wait for a custom-made objet d'art from Philly, but mail usually travels fast from that place.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 03:49:22 PM »
what doesn't travel fast from that place Philly?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007, 03:58:19 PM »
You mean Philly?  Or the big central post office in Manhattan?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Forrest

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 04:30:13 PM »
Now I'm confused about the secret part of Secret Santa. I thought that you identified yourself with the gift you send, thus revealing the great secret. Am I wrong on this? Someone please clarify.

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »
Now I'm confused about the secret part of Secret Santa. I thought that you identified yourself with the gift you send, thus revealing the great secret. Am I wrong on this? Someone please clarify.
It is called SECRET Santa. You aren't supposed to know who gave you the gift. I find that I always find out who it's from anyway though, so no big whoop.

Dear Secret Santa who lives in Baltimore, MD,
I received my gift! Yippee! I shan't open it till Christmas, though I want to.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2007, 04:47:47 PM »
It is called SECRET Santa. You aren't supposed to know who gave you the gift. I find that I always find out who it's from anyway though, so no big whoop.

Dear Secret Santa who lives in Baltimore, MD,
I received my gift! Yippee! I shan't open it till Christmas, though I want to.

For the record, I will open mine as soon as I get it because me and Jesus are enemies.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2007, 04:49:55 PM »

For the record, I will open mine as soon as I get it because me and Jesus are enemies.

Oh yeah. I do not wait to open presents. Patience isn't my strong suit. (I know that's just shocking, isn't it...)

from the land of pleasant living

Forrest

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2007, 05:11:09 PM »

It is called SECRET Santa. You aren't supposed to know who gave you the gift.

[/quote]

That's silly. I'm sorry I asked for clarification and I will still do this my way.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2007, 06:08:52 PM »

Oh yeah. I do not wait to open presents. Patience isn't my strong suit. (I know that's just shocking, isn't it...)

You don't have to.  Chanukah Harry doesn't expect you to wait.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2007, 07:20:40 PM »
It is called SECRET Santa. You aren't supposed to know who gave you the gift.

True, it's a secret while it's happening (i.e. when the names are distributed and the gifts are being purchased/made/scrounged), but every Secret Santa I've ever participated in ends with the Santas revealing themselves. Have I been doing it wrong all this time?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.