Author Topic: Tell me funny comedy CDs  (Read 18017 times)

chrisfoll577

Re: Tell me funny comedy CDs
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2008, 08:52:09 AM »
I'm eagerly awaiting the new Mitch Hedberg album 'Do You Believe in Gosh?' that's being released tomorrow.  It's a taping from a show only a couple of months before his death and is supposed to have a lot of material that he was going to use for a new album.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2008, 07:39:17 PM »
I've tried listening to Lenny Bruce and reading that book and, I dunno, I'm a pretty smart guy overall, but I felt like I was listening to/reading something in another language. I was picking up sounds I recognized but I really had no idea what the hell was going on. So, no, not funny.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2008, 08:38:07 PM »
I've tried listening to Lenny Bruce and reading that book and, I dunno, I'm a pretty smart guy overall, but I felt like I was listening to/reading something in another language. I was picking up sounds I recognized but I really had no idea what the hell was going on. So, no, not funny.

Yeah, it's called Yiddish.

Forrest

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2008, 09:20:53 PM »
I'm eagerly awaiting the new Mitch Hedberg album 'Do You Believe in Gosh?' that's being released tomorrow.  It's a taping from a show only a couple of months before his death and is supposed to have a lot of material that he was going to use for a new album.

Fuck yeah. I just wish his album would have been called Death Magnetic and Metallica's would have been called Do You Believe in Gosh?. I think both parties would have come out of that deal on top.

Forrest

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2008, 09:38:08 PM »
I got my Andy Daly CD in the mail today, and I can't recommend it highly enough to anyone looking for great new comedy. "Ben Alterman's Lifelong Dream" is as insane and subversive as anything I've heard in a long time.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2008, 10:33:36 PM »
I got my Andy Daly CD in the mail today, and I can't recommend it highly enough to anyone looking for great new comedy. "Ben Alterman's Lifelong Dream" is as insane and subversive as anything I've heard in a long time.
Listening to this made me realize how similar the humor on this CD is to the S&W bits. Best Show fans should love it.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2008, 06:25:48 PM »

Did you like it? I didn't laugh much.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2008, 07:15:09 PM »

Did you like it? I didn't laugh much.

I wasn't that crazy about it the first time I played it, but it's gotten funnier with each subsequent listen.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Gibby

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2008, 07:37:25 PM »
Some of these are DVDs

- Neil Hamburger, Laugh Out Lord or Great Moments At DiPresa's Pizza
- Jerry Sadowitz, The Total Abuse Show ("I'm sure you've heard the expression 'comedian's comedian' - I'm a wanker's wanker")
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4096673142597017908
- Richard Herring, Someone Likes Yoghurt - here he is up against a heckler.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8IQYSp0EuE[/youtube]

- John Shuttleworth, 500 Bus Stops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUyrGAtAVsI

I agree with loads of things that have been said.
"How do they see you when there's no light?"

Gibby

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »
Oh, I really like Eddie Murphy's Raw, after he'd polished at least some of the 'fags'/'AIDS' stuff out of it.
"How do they see you when there's no light?"

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2008, 08:13:27 AM »
I like Hedberg's mastery of the Paraprosdokian.