Author Topic: Move over War and Peace  (Read 5494 times)

JohnT

• Plantar Fasciitis
Move over War and Peace
« on: November 05, 2007, 10:05:20 AM »
Hey Tom,
I think I remember you saying something on the show a few weeks ago about how you love Entourage, but that you wanted something more from the show. You wanted further insights into the life of the characters and the code of the entourage.  I know it’s fun to work on the set of Entourage, you said, but just how fun? I think at one point
you were even wondering how many rules ari gold had for successful agenting?  Well through an array of awesome pictures and presumably maxim magazine-esque captions, HBO’s new book, “Entourage: A Lifestyle is a Terrible Thing to Waste” answers all the questions you’ve probably ever had.  Like, where was that cool sushi place where Turtle convinced Drama to do something stupid so he could get high or have intercourse with someone? Or what kind of luxury car was it again that Vincent had when he picked up those 3 exotic women and charmed them into taking their clothes off on the expressway?  It even includes all of Ari’s hilarious quotes, like “Chop Chop” and “Lloyd”! Ahahaha. So funny. I can just hear him saying it.  Anyway, I thought you’d want to know about this.  I’ve posted a little something to whet your appetite, taken from one of the sample pages on the website. You can check the excerpts here:

http://www.hbo.com/entourage/book/cover.html

or you can just preorder it here, like everyone else who isn’t blind:

http://store.hbo.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2787033&cp=2810666

Remember:
“The first rule of an entourage is trust your entourage. This means have someone in your group who is going to be an advance scout and ID the most happening locations in any town before you touch down. If you want to hang with really hot women, you have to go to the best places. To help get you started on the right path, here is the Entourage guide to hotels, restaurants, gyms, bars and clubs.  If you get in, don’t just stand there and gawk.”

Now here’s hoping they release a soundtrack composed strictly of the first thirty seconds of that awesome jane’s addiction song from the opening credits.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
Re: Move over War and Peace
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 03:53:14 PM »
I smell a publicist.  Even I haven't been this bad about flogging my play hereabouts. 
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Sarah

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 05:21:54 PM »
Do you really think so, Jasong?  Or am I missing the tongue in your cheek?

Forrest

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 05:34:38 PM »
Do you really think so, Jasong?  Or am I missing the tongue in your cheek?

Ew. I have to say JG may be on point here. Either that or we're experiencing some more Clarke-style triple-reverse ironic humor/stunt posting.

Sarah

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 05:38:09 PM »
Well, at least Alan's effort is a bit more clever than Clarke's were.  It actually gave me a modest chuckle, at least.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:07:49 PM »
Wait, Clark was publicizing something?  If you mean his podcast, I saw that as sort of a holistic, cross-media lunatic rant, sort of like the work of a Web 2.0 Neal Cassady but without the literary significance.

But yes, this has all the signs of publicism: a single post from a new user; what appears to be press release copy sandwiched between personal-but-brief show references in a cheeky, casual tone; links to the book's site on HBO.  J'accuse, Alan!  I throw down the FOT gauntlet.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Sarah

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 08:10:04 PM »
Is the new wave of publicity to show withering contempt for one's wares?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 08:13:27 PM »
Sarah, I think you're ascribing to the post a level of ironic detachment that just ain't there.  Unless this is such a sophisticated meta-joke that I am being zung.  Is it possible that Entourage: The Book was written by Negativland?

Forrest

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 08:49:38 PM »
  Is it possible that Entourage: The Book was written by Negativland?

Now that would be fucking awesome.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 06:59:41 PM »

I'd buy that just for the accompanying DVD

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 08:44:06 AM »

I don't know, but Bono is looking into it

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 11:07:18 AM »

I don't know, but Bono is looking into it

The choice of a Negativ generation.

Honestly, there has to be some significant overlap between Negativland devotees and FOTs of a certain age.  Common thread = snark!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!