Author Topic: Your Favorite Movies from the Year 2007  (Read 10255 times)

Matt

• Space Champion!
Re: Your Favorite Movies from the Year 2007
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 06:55:09 PM »
Between losing the wire and the sopranos, Im going to have a pretty large hole in my heart in 08 and all the World According To Jim's in the world won't be able to fill it.

Well, don't go gettin' all sad just yet: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117978257.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&nid=2562
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 07:49:31 PM »
Allow me to go on the record as saying that The Sopranos only got stronger as it went on. Downhill after Season 3? Shame on you, Omar. In my opinion, Season 3 was the weakest overall season of The Sopranos, while Season 6 is my favorite. You put Part One and Part Two of Season 6 together, you're looking at one of the great seasons of any show, ever. There's never been anything on TV that even approaches the atmosphere of those final nine episodes.

I really liked Pt. 2 of Season 6 but I thought Pt. 1 was the weakest stretch of episodes in the series. The dream sequences while Tony is in the hospital and the Vito-comes-out storyline were pretty much awful (IMO, of course), theso Season 6 ended up being half terrible and half great. I think the worst season overall was 4.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 08:22:39 PM »
My vote for worst season of The Sopranos goes for season 2.

I'll second that.  Not exactly a sophomore slump, but still...

dvdv

• Policemans heel
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 08:48:30 PM »

Well, don't go gettin' all sad just yet: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117978257.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&nid=2562
[/quote]

I'll only be happy if theres  a love triangle involving:

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 08:08:45 AM »
I don't think Be Kind Rewind is even out in America yet, but have you Nu-Yorkers heard about this thing that Michel Gondry is doing? It looks amazing!
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2008, 03:08:36 PM »
I don't think Be Kind Rewind is even out in America yet, but have you Nu-Yorkers heard about this thing that Michel Gondry is doing? It looks amazing!

he did pretty much the same thing with the sets from The Science of Sleep last year. I went it was really cool.

This looks alot more elaborate though.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

DigiDan

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 01:21:56 AM »
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters

I'm having trouble even thinking of any other movies I've seen that came out in 2007. But I can easily say that the aforementioned film was probably the single most entertaining movie theater experience I've ever had.

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 02:09:24 AM »
did anyone mention this is england yet?  might have been released earlier in england but new to me this year. 
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »
did anyone mention this is england yet?  might have been released earlier in england but new to me this year. 

it'll be on my list for sure.
anything that begins with roland rat CANNOT FAIL.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »
This Is England is on my list aswell.

Atonement, which I watched yesterday, is not. The first hour's bizarre shifts in tone and perspective completely threw me, and I couldn't recover. My mind went something like this: "Ah, boring old wartime British upperclass ennui, how about that... Wait a second, isn't that a Ben Stiller-romcom-like plot device? What, it's a thriller all of a sudden? Now it's a war movie? And how come it's almost a decent movie whenever Ikea Nightley isn't on screen, and it's abysmal when she is? And get out of town with that attention-whoring long shot."

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2008, 07:42:20 PM »
Did anybody see Talk To Me?

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2008, 08:34:20 PM »
BREAKING NEWS:

I watched Juno and Control. Neither made my top ten.

I also watched Smiley Face. Didn't made my top ten either, but it was funnier than Control.

harris

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 12:40:05 PM »
once, no country for old men, american gangster, into the wild

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 02:08:50 PM »
Saw Once last night with my Wednesday night movie group, we all loved it, including the guy most inclined not to. Saw This Is England last weekend; I'm probably a namby-pamby, but I am a little uncomfortable with films that cast such young actors in such unsavory settings, impressionable as they are. Saw Eastern Promises last week; Viggo Mortensen is good AGAIN (10 years ago I would have but that fragment on the list things I will never say,) but good GOD is the violence tough to watch. Not to mention how hard it was to make me review some of it up to 6 times, in slow motion and reverse.

Netflix has opened a distribution center in Knoxville! So my average turn around has gone from 6 days to 3 days; now if only someone will invent a way to get more time.