Author Topic: Zardoz  (Read 3157 times)

Oogie

• Achilles bursitis
Zardoz
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:15:18 PM »
Is great.

Just finished watching it.

The immortals reminded me of all my degenerate brooklyn hipster friends who want to be so totally sexually liberated that they won't even want to fuck anymore.

the only bad part of the movie is that mus-tash, but i realized that in fact i'm the one with the problem. a brutal WOULD have a biker-style mus-tash. i'm just ashamed of my father.

also, now, when i see a video artist project text or other sensuous imagery on their bodies (like, projecting a penis on a tit)  I can say "That's a ZarDONT."

In conclusion, I hope that I have the burning fervence of love power to hold the wife's hand after she dies until I too die, be it many millions of years or nanomicroseconds, so as that we can hold skellington hands.

Finally, Zardoz, *****1/2
Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny!
Ernst Haeckel

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Zardoz
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 10:23:55 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation. Here's what Netflix just said to me:

"Zardoz" was moved to the top of your Queue.
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

Oogie

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:52 PM »

I've put Zardoz into infinite loop so that it will ALWAYS be at the top of my queue.
Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny!
Ernst Haeckel

Tim K in DC

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 12:12:37 AM »

I've put Zardoz into infinite loop so that it will ALWAYS be at the top of my queue.

And by "infinite loop" I assume you mean "report shipping problem"?
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »

ChrisRawk

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 07:15:29 PM »
Zardoz is such an insane movie.  I always have a great time watching it.

Boorman had some jewels.  Exorcist II and the Camelot movie with the sex in it are also fun to watch.
"Heave Ho!"

@ChrisNeri

Andrea

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »
I found the DVD last year in a dollar bin, and I have to say it has one of the weirdest, most entertaining commentary tracks I have ever heard.

The director, John Boorman, spends most of the length of the film gushing over Sean Connery. He tells a story about how mad Connery was about having to pull the rickshaw, and how he threw a fit when they had to re-shoot the aging scene at the end because he hated putting on the makeup.

He also goes into detail about the plot and the meaning behind every scene (which makes the movie a little more coherent) and talks about how he created all of the practical special effects.

Yannick

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »
Zardoz is insane. I've seen it for the first time this fall and I'm still thinking about it.

Jack from Arkansas

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 11:40:29 PM »
My friend Chad told his therapist that if he wanted to understand him he would have to watch the movie "Zardoz." It would have been hilarious if he had been billed for time spent watching that.

paul from sacramento

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 03:53:23 AM »
one of the most surreal nights of my life involved me watching Zardoz for my first time while wearing footie pajamas. I predict that drawn on mustaches are the next big hipster facial hair trend.

sharktopus

• Policemans heel
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 05:11:11 AM »
I found the DVD last year in a dollar bin, and I have to say it has one of the weirdest, most entertaining commentary tracks I have ever heard.

This sounds amazing, I will have to find this! I saw the movie recently and figured it would be a smithee.