Author Topic: Hospital Bashing  (Read 4819 times)

Sploops

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Hospital Bashing
« on: September 21, 2006, 07:58:06 PM »
I gotta admit, I like The Hospital.  Not in a completely earnest way, I just kind of the like the over-the-topness of it.  George C Scott is great at that.  My fondness for it is partly do to an exposure to it (or part of it) at a younger age I suppose.  There's a radio show up here called The Record Hospital that I would listen to all the time in the early 90's when I was but a tween.  And one of their show promos was a clip from The Hospital:
"Transplants, antibodies, we’ve manufactured genes, we can produce birth ectogenetically, we can practically clone people like carrots! And the kids in the ghetto haven’t even been innoculated for polio! We’ve established the most enormous medical entity ever conceived! and people are sicker than ever! We cure nothing! We heal Nuth-Thing!! (voice over guy) Ladies and gentlemen you are about to be admitted to - The Hospital"
As yelled by George C Scott it just left quite an impression on me.

...also Diana Rigg (aka Emma Peel) is hott.

Sarah

Re: Hospital Bashing
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »
George C. Scoot is one of the great yellers.  Tom Selleck is pretty good at it, too, though he's not as good an actor.  What other great yellers are there?  Oh, I know:  Robert Young (I remember him bellowing about Sanka or something in a commercial of my youth).

As to The Hospital--meh.  It would go nicely on a double bill with Britannia Hospital, though.

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 03:05:50 PM »
Two good old yellers.

1. Ted Knight
2. John Belushi

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 04:58:15 PM »
3. Al Pacino
4. Steve Buscemi
5. Samuel L. Jackson
"You said it. I didn't."

PatrickChew

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 05:21:57 PM »
No one noticed that Sarah wrote "George C. Scoot" in her post? I did and that is now my favorite name ever.

Jason

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 05:43:23 PM »
At least she didn't write George C. Scat.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 06:07:05 PM »
Gary Oldman in The Professional.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 08:09:44 PM »
No one noticed that Sarah wrote "George C. Scoot" in her post? I did and that is now my favorite name ever.

That's just her Canadian accent, P. Nut.
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

Sarah

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 11:30:55 AM »

If only I could pretend that I'd done it on purpose.  A good name for a worm-ridden dog, though.  (And now I have the unfortunate image of George C. Scott scooting along, scraping his inflamed bum on the soothing grass, to haunt my dreams.)