Author Topic: My Ipod died in the line of duty  (Read 4788 times)

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
My Ipod died in the line of duty
« on: September 21, 2006, 11:01:21 PM »
I was driving to the tile store (I remember when my life used to be fun and I didn't say things like that) and I was listening to this week's podcast, and zip, dead Ipod. <sigh> and no money to replace, I wonder if I saved the warranty info.

Well it least it went out doing what it loved to do.

RIP
30 Gig video Ipoda
2006-2006

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: My Ipod died in the line of duty
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 05:02:58 PM »
It's less than a year old.  Go to www.apple.com/support and get yourself a new one.

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 04:34:23 PM »
That's why I always recommend to my friends that if they don't plan to be one of those weenie, Richie-Rich Apple fanboy types who can afford to buy the newest edition of the iPod (whenever it gets updated every year) that they purchase AppleCare. Even doubly so if you own an Apple laptop. Applecare will save your ass when you least expect it.

A few weeks ago, the motherboard on my G5 workstation at work literally burst into flames...just ONE FUCKING DAY after our built-in 1 year warranty had expired. We were too cheap to buy AppleCare when we first got the system.

Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

KickTheBobo

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 11:51:24 AM »
dead battery perhaps? I had to change the battery in my sister's mini after less than a year of use. you can purchase kits for about $15-$20 and DIY, if that happens to be the problem.

emilyrides

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 07:07:24 PM »
I'm on Ipod number 5.  I know that's pretty pathethic, but it really does make commuting bareable.
1. Dead battery
2. Dead battery
3. Dropped getting out of a car,broken screen
4. Fell riding my bike, scrap metal
5. So far (since August) so good.

They just aren't made to last really.  In a year or two, they will all use static memory (like the shuffle) and will work much better. 
Better a Fashion Show than no Show at all.

Jon Solomon

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 01:10:21 PM »
5. So far (since August) so good.

The month or the caller?
Hello.