Author Topic: 2008 Chommies  (Read 2742 times)

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
2008 Chommies
« on: February 20, 2008, 08:49:21 PM »
I though I'd start a new thread for ideas and nominees for this year's awards, and shave off 15 pages of reading through 2007. The ones I've read so far are;

I would like to suggest two additional award categories for next year's show; Best Impromptu Musical Moment, and Best Off the Cuff Pop Culture Reference By a Guest or Mike

I also would've liked to have seen an award for the best/worst article that Tom ripped on in 2007. So many great nominees: Jamie Lee Curtis' blog entries, the Movie Boy's reviews, that one article about the perfect work-out playlist, the Juno script, the Kid Rock feature from Rolling Stone - the list goes on and on.
I would like to nominate Steve from North Hollywood for Best First Call.

God Stewart

Re: 2008 Chommies
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:01:42 PM »
Can we agree that people should win the awards and not references and songs. Since they are not cognitive and cannot appreciate winning awards (much less give acceptance speeches) let's narrow it down to people acheiving something, be it lowly or mighty, in the name of making the Best Show the best.

To recognize those other moments that Tom brings to us every week, maybe we keep track of the best of Tom during the course of the year and present him with an award in honor of that moment— be it song or reference or rant.

Having said that, I like this thread.

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »
Like an award from the FOT's to Tom? I like that idea. We could set up an account to get a statue made. It'd be fun!

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:46:02 PM »
Like an award from the FOT's to Tom? I like that idea. We could set up an account to get a statue made. It'd be fun!

I back this idea 100%.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Turf Out

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:49:14 PM »
 How about the "Stroszek Spirit Award" for most depressing call.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »
I still say the awards should be called The Nemmys. (Wes thought of it first)