Author Topic: Best Show Dreams?  (Read 59308 times)

Sarah

Re: Best Show Dreams?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 12:14:07 AM »
Well, no wonder he was in no mood for jabbering, then.

pinky

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 04:15:10 AM »
I had a dream i was perched on Tom's head like the rat in Ratatouille forcing him to comb Bob Saget's hair....  It was a daydream.

noise.light

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 07:18:30 AM »
I had a dream that Tom and I were eating a salad together a few weeks ago. That's it. Just sitting on my couch eating salad.

My dreams are pretty boring.

not sure if this really counts but...

I had a dream the other week where I was eating lunch and FOT Ted Leo made sure my friends and I finished our salad before we left the table.

(quoted for weird salad in dream connection)

I think the salad represents desire...

Paging Dr. Freud.

jed

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »
I had a dream based on the realization a few weeks ago that a handful of FOT live in Greenpoint, Brooklyn (as I also do). In my dream I met up with a bunch of people I'd never met to ride bikes as a newly formed bike club (not tall or fixed-gear bikes, mind you) and in the dream we had all met through the show.
"My president is going to be one half Don West, one half the singer from Venom, thank you very much, good day sir!"

Sarah

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 07:23:20 AM »
Last night I dreamt that Tom called in to pledge to my father's radio show (the guy in the dream wasn't my actual father, and my father has never had a radio show).  He made some crack about wanting the show to continue because it helped him sleep.  In the same dream, several unknown FOT and I watched buffcoat's wedding as it was televised on some trashy reality-type show.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »
In the same dream, several unknown FOT and I watched buffcoat's wedding as it was televised on some trashy reality-type show.

This really happened, then Gary told me I wasn't the father.  I said, "In your FACE, beeatch!" and then I called the whole thing off.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Sarah

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »
Annulment?

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 12:07:14 PM »
I swore to myself recently that I would never get so into The Best Show that I started contributing to the "Best Show Dreams" thread.

Oh well.

Two night ago, I had a mini-dream (whatever that is...kinda of like "half a crumb") involving the Best Show.  I dreamed I had a radio show on immediately after The Best Show.  Anyway, off the air, Tom was yelling at me for some unknown reason (I think it had something to do with the music I was queuing up).  The only thing was, Tom didn't look like Tom. He looked like Jimmy Breslin (Sorry, Tom. If it's any consolation, I think Freud says somewhere that huge eyebrows in dreams represent strength).

The dream ended immediately after that, and I went on to dreaming that I was making pants out of cookie dough. That's the truth.

I'm going to sell the idea to Michel Gondry as soon as possible.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »
I had a dream that I was drunk and throwing up during a break dance contest and Ted Leo called me a pussy.

does that count?
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

TL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 08:41:09 PM »
I had a dream that I was drunk and throwing up during a break dance contest and Ted Leo called me a pussy.

does that count?

Now it does, pussy.
Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 09:48:33 PM »

does that count?
That happened to me in real life. Does that count?
I have a long history of booing

emma

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 11:25:10 PM »
I dreamt that my friend was getting married on a cruise ship, and the Marathon Dream Team (Tom, Teddy, Ben, Patton) were all there. Wearing matching tuxedo-shirts, singing barbershop-quartet type songs and taking great advantage of the free bar.

So, um, yeah.

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 04:03:07 PM »
Last night, I dreamt that I was at a FOT meetup.  Tom, Laurie, J-Grote, and I were sitting around a table when Jason Woliner strolled up.  I complimented him on Human Giant and then told him that I'd seen the pilot for Delocated and that I thought it was very funny.  He got very upset that I'd seen an illegally distributed version of it and called me an asshole. 
After he stormed off, Tom looked at me and shook his head in disapproval.  I felt awful. 

Then I woke up.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »
I swore to myself recently that I would never get so into The Best Show that I started contributing to the "Best Show Dreams" thread.

Oh well.

Two night ago, I had a mini-dream (whatever that is...kinda of like "half a crumb") involving the Best Show.  I dreamed I had a radio show on immediately after The Best Show.  Anyway, off the air, Tom was yelling at me for some unknown reason (I think it had something to do with the music I was queueueueueueueueueuueueueing up).  The only thing was, Tom didn't look like Tom. He looked like Jimmy Breslin (Sorry, Tom. If it's any consolation, I think Freud says somewhere that huge eyebrows in dreams represent strength).

The dream ended immediately after that, and I went on to dreaming that I was making pants out of cookie dough. That's the truth.

I'm going to sell the idea to Michel Gondry as soon as possible.

Fixed!

Sarah

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 04:25:16 PM »
Good work, e.j.