Author Topic: Best Show Dreams?  (Read 59346 times)

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
Re: Best Show Dreams?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 02:28:31 PM »
I had a dream Jon called me and asked me to pick him up at the airport but when got there Bonnie (or what i imagine bonnie looking like) had already picked him up.
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 02:21:12 AM »
I may or may not have had a Best Show dream this very week.

I usually fall asleep in the mornings listening to Adam Carolla, and leave my radio on.  Well, right after Carolla comes the Frosty, Heidi and Frank show, and I either dreamed that somebody called that show doing a Philly Boy Roy impression, or, I actually woke up to someone doing just that.  Either way, Frank killed the call pretty quick, and seemed to be hip to the idea of Philly Boy Roy.  Then I fell back to sleep.

I hope we're not about to enter some era of copy cats.

Any other FH&F listeners on here who might be able to verify this? 
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Sam

• Policemans heel
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 02:00:18 PM »
I had a dream of a Wurster call last year. I remembered a good deal of it when I woke up.  The caller begins, "Boy, how about this song Young Folks.  Peter Bjorn and John.  It's everywhere, huh? [this song was in very heavy rotation in Toronto - I assume it was elsewhere - and used in MTV promos]" and some small talk about Peter, Bjorn and John followed.  Eventually, Wurster has an announcement.  "I'm actually working with those guys, PB & J.  Are you coming to Sandwichstock?"
T: "Sandwichstock?  What's that?"
J: "Well, Tom, I'm putting together the first sandwich-themed music summer festival.  We've got the boys of PB&J - Peter, Bjorn and John - and I'm very excited to announce that Bread are reuniting [though I've just looked them up and discovered several of their members have passed on - my dreaming self was unaware]."
T: "That's great."
J: "Oh yeah.  We're hoping to get Hoagy Carmichael too."
T: "Like a hoagie, that's nice.  Well, first of all I think he's been dead for several decades."
J: "We'll have to agree to disagree on that.  But you know who I'm most jazzed about?"
T: "Who's that?"
J: "BLT, of course!"
T: "BLT, who's that?"
J: "Wait, you have a radio show and you've never heard of BLT?  (singing) American lady, gonna rest a while!"
T: Sorry. . .
J: Bacon Lettuce Turnerdrive.
T: (laughing) Bacon Lettuce Turnerdrive?  It's Bachman-Turner Overdrive, you idiot."
J: No, it's not.  Is it?"

That's all I remembered, but I've got to admit I laughed when I woke up and remembered it.

Anyway, I just signed up for this board.  My name's Sam and I'm from the T-Dot, home of the television shows "Prank Patrol" and "Heart of the Annex"; I'm a big fan of the Best Show and look forward to reading the board.  Thanks!

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 02:46:09 PM »
That story could be a Fan Fiction Contest entry.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Dorvid Barnas

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 04:23:28 PM »
Welcome aboard, Charley.  Fine first post!

emma

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2008, 04:37:44 PM »
Charley/Sam, I wish my regular-conscious was half as intelligent as your subconscious. Bacon-Lettuce Turnerdrive! I love it!

Also, prank patrol is from Toronto? Really? I am filled with shame.

Sam

• Policemans heel
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2008, 04:46:26 PM »

Also, prank patrol is from Toronto? Really? I am filled with shame.

Well, I confess that I'm going on Tom's report of his visit to Toronto - he singled it out as the zenith of Canuck culture.  I've just tried to find out where it's filmed, but no luck.  That said, I highly recommend this link from the now-back-in-business Wikipedia.  It's a story of ninjas and wizards, and I think we can all take something wonderful away from it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prank_Patrol

mike a

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2008, 04:21:24 PM »
I just had one a couple of nights ago.  Tom and Jon had formed a band where Tom played guitar and sang, and Jon played stand-up drums.  Kind of like Some Velvet Sidewalk.  I don't remember any song titles or what they sounded like.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2008, 11:00:33 AM »
I had a Wire dream last night. Not exactly Best Show, but somewhat related.

Omar from The Wire was trying to kill me - like chase me down because I had somehow wronged him, & I thought to myself, "It's just business" and I hid/ran from him in a childhood friend's house.

Just thought I'd share, since you guys got me into the Wire (haven't even watched it in a few weeks either).

Sarah

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2008, 11:35:12 AM »
Much of my night was passed in Wire dreams, emily.  I don't remember any details, but I think all of them were pretty grim.  Which is surprising, don't you think?

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2008, 11:39:22 AM »
hmm, weird.

cool though too.

Sarah

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2008, 11:46:40 AM »
Not really.  I watched season 5 this week, finishing up the last three episodes yesterday, so it was very fresh in my mind.

emma

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2008, 10:56:52 AM »
I was going to start a new thread for this but then I remembered this one existed:

Last night I dreamt I owned an "I-Ron's Reggae Challenge" t-shirt and it was the best thing ever. I can still see it perfectly in my mind--there are three silhouettes: a guy doing shotput, a guy doing hurdles and a guy either smoking a joint or drumming, I think it changed. And across the bottom, the name of the band. My dream basically just consisted of me walking around in this t-shirt and everyone being like "wow, I've never heard of them, are they good?"

Guess what I want more than anything in the world, now.

TL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2008, 11:03:35 AM »

Last night I dreamt I owned an "I-Ron's Reggae Challenge" t-shirt

Guess what I want more than anything in the world, now.

This has got to happen.
And then I-Ron needs to do a dub platter of "Turlet."

Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

Laurie

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2008, 11:27:58 AM »
I once had a dream that Timmy von Trimble and I were driving around in his Barbie Dream Car on the open road, blasting Skrewdriver.

This is probably because this douchebag on another website said this in a "What's the saddest song you've ever heard?" thread:

David Allan Coe-would you lay with me in a field of stone
Saga/Skrewdriver-The Snow Fell
Dropkick Murphys/Skrewdriver- Green Fields Of France

sorry cant [sic] pic [sic] just one

I told him these songs also make me cry but for a very different reason.

By the way, he says he's into "females, white ones for the most part, thats [sic] just my personal preferance [sic]." Also, communism and homosexuality makes him sad. And he spelled Joseph McCarthy's name wrong in his list of heroes. I informed him of this by telling him, "Hey, douchenozzle. You spelled McCarthy wrong in your profile, you creep." He hasn't fixed it or gotten back to me.  :'(