Author Topic: Top Chef Chicago  (Read 40757 times)

jbissell

• Space Champion!
Re: Top Chef Chicago
« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2008, 08:37:02 AM »
Top Chef Junior

From the release: 'With 'Top Chef Junior' we're reaching a growing market and are developing a series that will teach and test the skills of younger aspiring chefs and appeal to the whole family."

I can't wait to see Gail Simmons shattering the dreams of a squadron of 14 year olds.

Sounds like it'll pair nicely with Sarah Jessica Parker's 'American Artist' .

No thanks.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2008, 11:57:34 AM »
Top Chef Junior

From the release: 'With 'Top Chef Junior' we're reaching a growing market and are developing a series that will teach and test the skills of younger aspiring chefs and appeal to the whole family."

I can't wait to see Gail Simmons shattering the dreams of a squadron of 14 year olds.

No thanks.

This is the blurst thing ever.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2008, 04:16:08 PM »

No thanks.

Potential "Pack your knives and go" catchphrases for that show:

* "Your self expression is meaningless. Toodle-oo."

* "Get the the hell out of my loft."

* "Go wash your beret."

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2008, 08:50:34 AM »
* "Get the the hell out of my loft."

I think we have a winner. Possible others:

* "Your trust fund... is cashed out"
* "Get your palette knife and go back to the temp agency"
* "Prepare for an office job that will crush any dream you had of supporting yourself through making art." (Okay, not very catchy)
* (If this were made 5 years ago): "Your PBR is warm and you got crabs from that one-night stand with the guy from The Strokes"
* "Take your free copy of the Sex and the City movie and leave"

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #289 on: July 24, 2008, 11:09:16 AM »
Has anyone been watching the new season of PR? Between Blayne, Suede, and Debbie Downer Stella, this might be the most annoying season ever and it's only 2 episodes in. At least it'll be easy to stop watching the show once it moves to Lifetime.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #290 on: July 24, 2008, 11:24:27 AM »
ive already decided that once it moves to lifetime i'll probably stop watching.  i cant help it; the channel makes my stomach ache.

ive come to expect certain (annoying) behavior from 2-3 contestants as a given.  i hate to admit it, but i kind of like Stella.  she reminds me of Sweet Pea, but less Sweet (and less talented), but she seems genuine.  Keith, Korto, Daniel, and Korto can stay; im okay with this season's designers. 

at the same time, i cant stand most of them. 

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #291 on: July 24, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »
Stella reminds me of Rachel Dratch's Debbie Downer. That being said, I'll take her seemingly genuine love of leather over Suede's third person speech and Blayne's "licious" and tank tops any day.

I thought Amelie over at the AV Club made a great point about Bravo pretty much burying the show this season.  The only time I watch Bravo is when Top Chef is going but I noticed that they really weren't advertising much for PR. Hell, I didn't even know it had moved to 8pm/c.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #292 on: July 24, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »
Stella reminds me of Rachel Dratch's Debbie Downer. That being said, I'll take her seemingly genuine love of leather over Suede's third person speech and Blayne's "licious" and tank tops any day.

I thought Amelie over at the AV Club made a great point about Bravo pretty much burying the show this season.  The only time I watch Bravo is when Top Chef is going but I noticed that they really weren't advertising much for PR. Hell, I didn't even know it had moved to 8pm/c.

oh yeah, Blayne...what a twerp.

ughwhy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #293 on: July 24, 2008, 09:50:26 PM »
I love Stella. Can't stand what she designs (how last night's Trash & Vaudeville creation get into the top three?) but I love every single Queensborn word that comes out of her mouth. I think she'll be this year's Elisa--just batty enough to keep around for half a season.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2008, 10:26:34 AM »
yeah, but even Elisa grew on me- like moss.