Author Topic: The Newbridgctionary  (Read 39592 times)

Rasmussen

• Policemans heel
Re: The Newbridgctionary
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2011, 12:29:10 AM »
Is there a place somewhere that lists all the towns near Newbridge?  I like using those names when playing SimCity games, and I don't remember nearly enough names.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 07:24:22 AM »
Is there a place somewhere that lists all the towns near Newbridge?  I like using those names when playing SimCity games, and I don't remember nearly enough names.

One shortcut is to add a word to -bridge.  Ha, ha.  You can probably find a few by searching on the page for "bridge," though.

Upper Old East Westbridge is one of my favorites.  Mellow Grove.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 12:32:43 PM »

I'm just guessing there's a North Southbridge and a South Northbridge along with a West Eastbridge and an East Westbridge.

Unrelated and I don't know if it's come up more than once, but I like that the high school is called Newbridge High High School.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 01:27:06 PM »
I know there's a Redbridge and Old Redbridge.

In the Drunk Driver call, Phil Monroe's son rattles off a ton when he explains the itinerary for the Monroe Family Roadshow.

Also, in the Dom Scharpling call we learn that there's Nobridge, which used to have a bridge, until it was destroyed and the river filled in with colored marbles and paved over (a common Newbridgverse construction technique).

If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2011, 12:26:55 PM »
Newbridgctionary now updated through the June 28 show. 

I'm almost caught up to the live show!  I'll have to start listening to the archives as I walk around.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2011, 08:06:18 PM »
Ha ha!  Newbridgctionary now completed update with all Newbridge calls ever made.

Time to get 18 months behind again!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »
Ha ha!  Newbridgctionary now completed update with all Newbridge calls ever made.

Discipline.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2011, 09:45:37 PM »

Discipline.

Slow and steady something something.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2011, 01:34:29 AM »
During his Labor Day message, Obama should have singled you out for all your hard work.
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »
During his Labor Day message, Obama should have singled you out for all your hard work.

I threw my dictionary across the room when the speech ended with no shout out.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »

I threw my dictionary across the room when the speech ended with no shout out.

Well, in his defense, he's been busy with that band of his. And nem death panels.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2011, 12:01:47 PM »
Newbridgctionary now up to date through the 10/4 show, including the long-awaited title for 2011's entries.

Looking at it made me go back and listen to the 2010 call about "We Gotta Stop the Mosque at Ground Zero."  Laughs ensued.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2011, 01:30:03 PM »
Awesome.

It's been a very strong, prolific year for S&W. Good mix of familiar characters and great one-offs (Myron Felkerton, Ron Furst). I'm kinda of getting in the mood for another fully fleshed-out D-Plopp call, though. But then, I'm heavily biased toward the Plop-Tron.

Oh, last week's Trip Whiting call was a sprawling masterpiece.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2011, 02:36:34 PM »
It's good that Darren has evolved to replace Bryce as the second go-to character after Philly Boy Roy.  I always hold out hope that Hot Rockin' Ronny will make a comeback.  Perhaps during the last Best Show ever on the show's 100th anniversary.  Come on, medical science!

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2011, 05:47:08 PM »
I've droned on about this before, but what makes Darren so special is that he's Newbridge Tom's best friend.  Well, other than Dom, I guess. Speaking of...it does seem like it's almost time for another call from Tom's family. I think the last one was Ron's amazing call last X-Mas. It'd be great to hear from Jon, Sean, or Lon.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz