Author Topic: A brand new pastime: The Grilled Cheese Invitational  (Read 2756 times)

Fido

• Space Champion!

Jouster

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: A brand new pastime: The Grilled Cheese Invitational
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 05:31:51 PM »
UPDATE: UNFORTUNATELY, WE HAVE REACHED CAPACITY FOR COMPETITORS AND ATTENDEES FOR THE 1ST 6TH ANNUAL GRILLED CHEESE INVITATIONAL HAPPENING ON APRIL 19TH.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY SIGNED UP FOR THE EMAIL LIST, YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK. IF YOU HAVE, LOOK FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT COMING SOON.

Laurie

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »
AWESOME. I love grilled cheese sandwiches.

I like slathering the bread in butter and tossing a little grated Colby on TOP of the bread. The result is a nice, crispy cheesy bread. I love it. Use a TEFLON pan, of course, otherwise you'll have a big cheesy mess stuck all over the pan.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 06:53:51 PM »
Teflon'll kill ya.  I still use it on occasion, but my standby is a cast iron skillet, homeskillet.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 09:56:40 PM »
Gotta go for the grilled pizza sand. Mozzarella,  tomato sauce, oregano on the inside, butter and garlic powder and a little Parmesan on the outside.

It'll clog your arteries with pure love.
from the land of pleasant living

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 10:06:07 PM »
I llLLuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvv grilled cheese.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 10:06:40 PM »
Gotta go for the grilled pizza sand. Mozzarella,  tomato sauce, oregano on the inside, butter and garlic powder and a little Parmesan on the outside.

It'll clog your arteries with pure love.

My god that sounds delicious. Why did I never think of this! I even own a foreman grill!

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »
grilled cheese with a little pesto spread on the bread beforehand is yumzonious. i also almost always add tomato, and sometimes avocado.

AaronC

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 02:42:15 PM »
Pepper jack makes a tasty grilled cheese sandwich. That is about as fancy as I get with my grilled cheese sandwiches.